Kwintin Williams jumps into new UConn men’s basketball season hoping for more opportunity — and more | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams jumps into new UConn men’s basketball season hoping for more opportunity — and more

Reaction Score
Nice look at Kwintin.

AND it says James Bouknight will likely decide (announce?) tomorrow!

Reaction Score
Nice look at Kwintin.

AND it says James Bouknight will likely decide (announce?) tomorrow!

Decide tomorrow? I thought the people in the know said it's done deal? Oh no he's waiting to announce tomorrow - we're dooooommmmmeeeedd.

Reaction Score
I predict Kwintin will have the 11th most minutes on the team.

However, I like how this article is another example of Hurley talking about how athletic and aggressive he’d like the team to play on the defensive end. I like it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
. Hopefully we see a little more angst on the court though.

I really do NOT think that will be a problem. In fact, I'll state that it is one of the things I'm LEAST worried about.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I predict Kwintin will have the 11th most minutes on the team.

However, I like how this article is another example of Hurley talking about how athletic and aggressive he’d like the team to play on the defensive end. I like it.

I would guess he’s last in minutes played this year. Good kid who plays hard and his social media footprint is good for the program. But he lacks skill.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If he ends up with us, he'd better get used to accidentally being called Boatright a lot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would guess he’s last in minutes played this year. Good kid who plays hard and his social media footprint is good for the program. But he lacks skill.
“The transition is going to be a hard one,” Hurley pointed out. “But, if he picks it up, I would love to play him.”

Not exactly praise was it?

Reaction Score
It’s a shame Williams started with basketball so late. Being from Alaska doesn’t help. He could be a good player if he knew what he was doing on the court. Certainly not lacking heart or athletic ability.

Reaction Score
It’s a shame Williams started with basketball so late. Being from Alaska doesn’t help. He could be a good player if he knew what he was doing on the court. Certainly not lacking heart or athletic ability.
Yeah. But Ricky Moore's favorite basketball player was from Alaska.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I can't say I love Kwintin's game, because he hasn't really shown that he has one to speak of.
But man, I love his moments.
Last year, he seemed more invested in trying to play D than the guys who were supposed to know how. He wasn't good at it, but had a couple spectacular stops and a steal or two, despite being out of position for 90% of his limited time on the court. Somehow, I think he'll be more effective in M2M than he was in a zone.
But I can also envision him as a foul-a-minute guy in a pressure M2M system.
Would like nothing more than to see him play well enough to be an 8 or 9 minute a game guy.

Reaction Score
He has the heart and the effort but he is a liability as a defender. Somebody could have taken his athletic ability and turned him into a very good basketball player. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

Reaction Score
I can't say I love Kwintin's game, because he hasn't really shown that he has one to speak of.
But man, I love his moments.
Last year, he seemed more invested in trying to play D than the guys who were supposed to know how. He wasn't good at it, but had a couple spectacular stops and a steal or two, despite being out of position for 90% of his limited time on the court. Somehow, I think he'll be more effective in M2M than he was in a zone.
But I can also envision him as a foul-a-minute guy in a pressure M2M system.
Would like nothing more than to see him play well enough to be an 8 or 9 minute a game guy.

With his ability to move his feet, he COULD learn to be an excellent wing defender, even post. His IQ is so low, but I feel like pressuring the ball and some basic perimeter help rotations could be taught. Man-Man is easier in some ways than zone because the kids know WHAT to do pretty early in their careers, they just need to learn to read and anticipate faster at higher levels.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
If we force the tempo like it sounds like the plan is, we will need every defensive body we can get, for energy and foul situations. Man is actually easier (mentally) and benefits more from athleticism in the full court than against a set offense, so there should be room for him to find some minutes, just based on energy and desire. If he picks up the system well (and he has demonstrated an ability to learn when he puts his mind to it -- as in taking a year off from the game to concentrate on academics and get out of a deep hole he had dug in that discipline the previous year -- so it's not totally unreasonable to hope that he is capable of learning it) perhaps he could be our crunch time stopper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom