Kwintin Williams Dunking Breakdown Video | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams Dunking Breakdown Video

Reaction Score
Found this on YouTube today. A really cool video that breaks down Kwintin's dunks from the perspective of a guy who is a dunk expert. The guy called him a top 10 dunker in the world and said a couple of the dunks that Kwintin has pulled off have never been done before on video. Some really good backstory and information on the sheer difficulty and impressiveness of Kwintin's dunks. Check it out:

C

Chief00

Found this on YouTube today. A really cool video that breaks down Kwintin's dunks from the perspective of a guy who is a dunk expert. The guy called him a top 10 dunker in the world and said a couple of the dunks that Kwintin has pulled off have never been done before on video. Some really good backstory and information on the sheer difficulty and impressiveness of Kwintin's dunks. Check it out:

As you can imagine, I have been uncharacteristically discipline in not commenting on various posts about Kwintin dunks. First, let me get this out of the way, he is an athletic freak, who is a spectacular dunker.
Now that I have appeased the various casual fans (who consider themselves experts because they watched 3 hours of dunking videos), let me talk Kwintin and basketball:

1) I would be much more excited if I saw Kwintin working on his foul shots - trying to improve that 53% result!
2) Let's see Kwintin work on his 0.33 assist to turnover ratio. Just because your result is 3 times better than Brimah's ratio - that doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being respectable!
3) I do like Kwintin and just liked casual fans - I am excited about him playing at UConn. I am very concerned that with all his jumping (and at a 44 inch vertical) he is going to get a lot of impact on his knees and back. Quite frankly, he must work on his game not casual fan videos or else his career will be very short.
4) I do like how he works in the weight room and it's reflected in his body - so I expect some decent rebound numbers from him, if he works at getting position rather than just jumping over dudes.

So the night we would normally be celebrating First Night with thousands of casual fans - who I welcome with open arms - Kwintin, use it as an opportunity to work on your basketball skills instead!

Reaction Score
As you can imagine, I have been uncharacteristically discipline in not commenting on various posts about Kwintin dunks. First, let me get this out of the way, he is an athletic freak, who is a spectacular dunker.
Now that I have appeased the various casual fans (who consider themselves experts because they watched 3 hours of dunking videos), let me talk Kwintin and basketball:

1) I would be much more excited if I saw Kwintin working on his foul shots - trying to improve that 53% result!
2) Let's see Kwintin work on his 0.33 assist to turnover ratio. Just because your result is 3 times better than Brimah's ratio - that doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being respectable!
3) I do like Kwintin and just liked casual fans - I am excited about him playing at UConn. I am very concerned that with all his jumping (and at a 44 inch vertical) he is going to get a lot of impact on his knees and back. Quite frankly, he must work on his game not casual fan videos or else his career will be very short.
4) I do like how he works in the weight room and it's reflected in his body - so I expect some decent rebound numbers from him, if he works at getting position rather than just jumping over dudes.

So the night we would normally be celebrating First Night with thousands of casual fans - who I welcome with open arms - Kwintin, use it as an opportunity to work on your basketball skills instead!

This post is a true work of art

C

Chief00

Kwintin takes dunking to a whole new level and Chief takes -iness to a whole new level. Basketball today is about dunking and flash. Larry Bird and Kevin McHale aren't coming back. It's a young man's world, Chief.

Couldn't disagree more. I love power dunks in the context of a competitive game. However, if you don't think foul shooting, assists and not turning the ball over don't contribute to winning you don't know the game. Take this season off and come back at First Night next season.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Couldn't disagree more. I love power dunks in the context of a competitive game. However, if you don't think foul shooting, assists and not turning the ball over don't contribute to winning you don't know the game. Take this season off and come back at First Night next season.

I couldn't agree more. We've all seen hundreds of players on the play grounds, rec leagues, etc. that have exceptional athleticism but have little understanding of how to play. Hundreds of split second decisions that
need to be right, fundamentals, and being 1/5 of a interdependent unit are critical. If he can't take care of the ball, hit foul shots, good shot selection, etc. isn't up to par for D1 basketball, he will spend a lot of time as a great prospect but will rarely see the floor. His somewhat inconsistent playing history (if reports are accurate) could be indicative of a problem in his court sense/basketball IQ, but also may be meaningless. On the hopeful side, he does seem to be motivated and willing to work. If he is a fast learner, with his rare athleticism he could be a force. Anyone know if he is a tenacious defender? I hope so! I have a feeling he is going to be a great find or a bust - nothing in between.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Pretty sure he'll put on a show during pregame warmups. but I doubt he gets very many looks at any of the dunks Iv see him do on YouTube.

C

Chief00

I will surprise many by saying he could be a real steal. I think he's a hard worker but the thing that will decide it - does he work on the things he needs to improve at to win games - or does he just work on dunks to post on utube.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
"Hey Bob, did you watch the game last night? How about that power dunk in the context of the competitive game"

If I hear something like this from someone I am assuming they are an alien life form.

C

Chief00

"Hey Bob, did you watch the game last night? How about that power dunk in the context of the competitive game"

If I hear something like this from someone I am assuming they are an alien life form.
That's just fine. You can be a fan without understanding the nuances of the game or even,quick frankly, what some would consider to be fundamentals. Having said that, keep cheering for the team and attending games. UConn Nation is a big tent - all are very welcome!

Reaction Score

He's got the ups. Needs to get the ball under his legs a little tighter and quicker and he's there. That's an insane dunk.

Now where's my passing drill video?

Reaction Score
where woulD we be withOUt CHiEf telling us casual fans that fundamentals are important.

This guy will open things up for Alterique and Jalen to drive and finish. If the help comes, Storrs is the new Lob City. This guy can hugely impact the game for our guards just by catching 1 or 2 lobs a game.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I will surprise many by saying he could be a real steal. I think he's a hard worker but the thing that will decide it - does he work on the things he needs to improve at to win games - or does he just work on dunks to post on utube.

I wonder what will happen more: Kwintin dunking in a game at UConn, or Chief writing a variation of this post on the Boneyard?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
When. Is. He. Getting. On. Campus. With. The. Rest. Of. The. Team. ??. ??

Reaction Score
When. Is. He. Getting. On. Campus. With. The. Rest. Of. The. Team. ??. ??
I worked for Reslife for a couple summers. The earliest would be the Monday before move in weekend; don't remember if they even qualify for early move in. Basketball players are on campus for fall semester, winter intersession (during which they're probably taking a class anyhow), spring semester (if they live in Hilltop apartments or take a May term class they can stay until May 31st), and if they're in a class during the summer. Usually they're only up here for one summer session, which this year is session 2 which is happening now and ends the 11th. Then everyone will go home until the start of the fall semester.

Reaction Score
I have seen many college careers including mine ended early because we were obessed with lifting weights, vertical jumps etc. He needs to work on defense, mid range jumpers, alley oops etc

Reaction Score
This kid isn't sniffing the floor this year, he is not a good basketnall player right now, and may never be, but spending a full year against better players and working on fundamentals will help.

Reaction Score
This kid isn't sniffing the floor this year, he is not a good basketnall player right now, and may never be, but spending a full year against better players and working on fundamentals will help.
Goods guards can make into an all conferenence PF

Reaction Score
If he can be UConn's version of G'town's Michael Graham from the 1980s, he will be a big help. Play D. Rebound. Dunk the ball. All he needs to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom