Kursn Iverson to URI | The Boneyard

Kursn Iverson to URI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who would have thought 5 years ago that URI would be in a stronger conference than us? Oh well. they have some good young talent over and if Hurley can get Iverson to buy in I can see them being a tourney team and more importantly beating PC.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Who would have thought 5 years ago that URI would be in a stronger conference than us? Oh well. they have some good young talent over and if Hurley can get Iverson to buy in I can see them being a tourney team and more importantly beating PC.

I don't know about that, but I'd love for them to try and prove it on the court...AAC vs A10 challenge could be fun...I bet ESPN would be all for it (as we both have contracts with them)

Memphis vs UMass (the Calipari classic)
Cincy vs Dayton
Tulsa vs St Louis
ECU vs Davidson
Temple vs St Joe's
UConn vs URI
SMU vs VCU (that would be a great game)
USF vs Richmond
etc

Reaction Score
That kid has been a headache for programs since HS, I hope he figures it out this time and finishes his college career strong, both on and off the court.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I don't know about that, but I'd love for them to try and prove it on the court...AAC vs A10 challenge could be fun...I bet ESPN would be all for it (as we both have contracts with them)

Cincy vs Dayton
Tulsa vs St Louis
ECU vs Davidson
Temple vs St Joe's
UConn vs URI
USF vs Richmond
etc
No offense, but this could easily be the definition of "depressing" in the Webster Dictionary.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
You are kind of like the guy who buys his first house in a declining neighborhood. You are happy to be here and it is a nice step up, but the rest of us want out before our property values shrink to zero.

for the next 5 years, UConn/Cincy/USF are in the absolute best spot of any G5 programs...the American's war chest of entry/exit fees, and abandoned NCAA credits is split 60-40 (old/new schools)

TV money - 1.82 million
football money - 1.364 million
basketball money - 1.982
war chest money - 4 million

or 9.166 million for UConn this year.

Reaction Score
See the thing is we aren't a G5 program.... We were in a power conference that got raided and now we're a power school in a mid-major landfill. Put yourself in our shoes, we went from playing Cuse,GTown,Louisville,WVU,NOVA,Pitt, etc. to playing Tulane, Tulsa, ITT Tech, Greenville YMCA, well you get the picture.

....oh wait no you dont

Reaction Score
Danny Hurley is a hell of a coach. He might turn the kid around.

I think he may end up being a decent coach but to say he is a hell of a coach is a little premature. URI fans were hoping for an NCAA invite before the year started and may not even end up making the nit.

Reaction Score
I think he may end up being a decent coach but to say he is a hell of a coach is a little premature. URI fans were hoping for an NCAA invite before the year started and may not even end up making the nit.

EC Matthews is a sophomore and could sneak into the NBA if he continues to develop. Jared Terrell is freshman who was a top 100 recruit (that PC wanted in on initially). Hassan Martin is only a soph and flies all over the building. Throw in Iverson? Hurley has assembled a phenomenal roster in a tough spot to recruit. They're going to be a tough, athletic team in a couple years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I saw what he did at Wagner the guy is going to be a good one.

Reaction Score
just saw on Goodman's twitter that he received a waiver to be eligible to play right away, I thought the NCAA had did away with waivers?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
just saw on Goodman's twitter that he received a waiver to be eligible to play right away, I thought the NCAA had did away with waivers?

I think he transferred before the rule change.

Reaction Score

Cincy vs Dayton
Tulsa vs St Louis
ECU vs Davidson
Temple vs St Joe's
UConn vs URI
USF vs Richmond
etc

No thank you to UConn vs URI. As the marquee program in the AAC, we get the marquee program in the A10, whoever that might be.

Reaction Score
No thank you to UConn vs URI. As the marquee program in the AAC, we get the marquee program in the A10, whoever that might be.
Is there a marquee program in the A10 now that Shaka has left VCU?

Reaction Score
Iverson is not a winning player. He has always been overhyped because of his last name. I'm glad he didn't choose UCONN.

Reaction Score
Wow! Thought Iverson was long gone. What year is he in and he gets to play right away. Could work out well for the rams; worth taking a chance.

Reaction Score

URI probably is the marquee program in the A-10 as long as Hurley is there (which probably won't be much longer). If not them, maybe Davidson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom