Kuran Iverson Suspended 2 Games | The Boneyard

Kuran Iverson Suspended 2 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@GaryParrishCBS: Lots of folks asking about Kuran Iverson. Here’s what I can say: My understanding is he’ll never play another minute for Memphis again. ...

@GaryParrishCBS: Remember, Josh Pastner once booted a McDonald’s All-American before he ever played a game. So he won’t tolerate Iverson’s antics.

@GaryParrishCBS: … So don’t expect anything to be announced today or even this week. But, rest assured, Kuran Iverson is done at Memphis.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Live view from outside the Memphis practice facility:

torchMob.jpg

They're coming for you, Josh...

Reaction Score
Rumor was Iverson had discipline issues in high school. Many top schools ran away from him

Reaction Score
His talent was not even that great to take a chance on a kid who has behavior issues. Never understood how is ranking was justified by his skill set. Another example of sometimes the best recruit is the one you don't get

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Yeah, but: Jalen Kendrick, Kuran Iverson, Dom Woodson, Dom Magee, I mean, how many 'swing and a miss' kids does Pastner get? My patience is wearing thin...

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah, but: Jalen Kendrick, Kuran Iverson, Dom Woodson, Dom Magee, I mean, how many 'swing and a miss' kids does Pastner get? My patience is wearing thin...

What ever happened with Woodson, didn't he just leave UT also?

Reaction Score
Iverson's ranking dropped every year in high school...He was a top 20 nationally ranked sophomore and went nowhere but down hill from there, Makes you wonder.

Reaction Score
@GaryParrishCBS: Lots of folks asking about Kuran Iverson. Here’s what I can say: My understanding is he’ll never play another minute for Memphis again. ...

@GaryParrishCBS: Remember, Josh Pastner once booted a McDonald’s All-American before he ever played a game. So he won’t tolerate Iverson’s antics.

@GaryParrishCBS: … So don’t expect anything to be announced today or even this week. But, rest assured, Kuran Iverson is done at Memphis.
Who is Gary Parrish?

Reaction Score
Iverson's ranking dropped every year in high school...He was a top 20 nationally ranked sophomore and went nowhere but down hill from there, Makes you wonder.
Actually as a freshman and sophomore he was ranked right behind Jabari Parker at like #3 in the national rankings, he fell like a rock his junior year but rose again to around #25 by his senior year.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Maybe there's a reason those kids keep ending up with Memphis.

There is, and it's because just like Elliot Williams, Will Barton, and Tarik Black...they want to get to the NBA...Question is, is Josh Pastner the guy to get them there?

I believe Memphis can do better.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is a joke, but he is a CBB writer for CBS, located in Memphis
Thanks, didn't know who he was but if he is in Memphis he probably knows something if he going that far out on a limb.
We never really went after Iverson very hard so maybe he had issues.

presskh

Memphis Fan
Reaction Score
Live view from outside the Memphis practice facility:

torchMob.jpg

They're coming for you, Josh...

Have to agree. I was a sunshine pumper for Josh for his first 4 seasons, started to waiver some last season, and now just think he needs to be replaced before our program gets further run in the ground. It's sad - he's a good, clean cut guy but just not a good D-1 head basketball coach.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Have to agree. I was a sunshine pumper for Josh for his first 4 seasons, started to waiver some last season, and now just think he needs to be replaced before our program gets further run in the ground. It's sad - he's a good, clean cut guy but just not a good D-1 head basketball coach.

Up until this year, I was fine with Pastner...

25-10 NCAA Second Round
26-9 NCAA Second Round
31-5 NCAA Third Round
24-10 NCAA Third Round

106-34, 4 straight NCAAs

^ I can live with that, no problem...losing to something called Carleton...and losing to teams like CBU, SFA, and Tulane is NOT ok.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
There is, and it's because just like Elliot Williams, Will Barton, and Tarik Black...they want to get to the NBA...Question is, is Josh Pastner the guy to get them there?

I believe Memphis can do better.
Getting to the NBA for a couple of weeks is different than being NBA players. What did Memphis and/or Pastner do to develop these guys? I know Black transferred to Kansas, I had to google the other 2.

Reaction Score
He retweeted some comment criticizing pastner's coaching style

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Getting to the NBA for a couple of weeks is different than being NBA players. What did Memphis and/or Pastner do to develop these guys? I know Black transferred to Kansas, I had to google the other 2.

Elliot Williams played 2010-2013 with Portland...2013-14 with Philly...now he's on a contract with the Jazz

That's not 'a couple of weeks'

Will Barton was/is with Portland, under contract...

That's not a couple of weeks, either...

It's like it's not getting through, I want Pastner gone, but folks still want to argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom