Kudos to Maddy Siegrist | The Boneyard

Kudos to Maddy Siegrist

Reaction Score
... and in only 32 minutes, with no fouls or turnovers. She has to be in the conversation for national player of the year and is obviously the frontrunner in the Big East.
She also broke the Villanova women's one-game scoring record of 44 and the Big East one-game scoring record of 43.

As I wrote on another thread today, some BYers doubt Maddy's ability to make a go of it in the WNBA. I would tend to disagree.;)

Yet first things first, Siegrist likely is pointing to the rematch with UConn next week, and then the Big East tournament, and then the NCAAs.

Along the way, unless Caitlin Clark starts firing 40s left and right, Maddy should be the '22-23 season's national scoring leader, all the while working well within the Villanova offense.

Reaction Score
A few days ago I watched a replay of Svetlana Abrosimova's 39 point performance as a sophomore against UCLA. I haven't been able to find a box score, but she missed a triple double by one assist (she had 10 RB's), and sat for a fair amount of time despite it being a fairly close game (about 10 points if I recall). She also missed at least four or five free throws which cost her a shot at Sales' record of 46.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I've never seen her play. Guess i'll have to wait until the NCAA's to catch a glimpse.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Maddy Siegrist reflects on her 50-point, record-breaking performance in only 32 minutes.​

Villanova's Maddy Siegrist joins SportsCenter to discuss her Big East record 50-point performance against Seton Hall. Siegrist should be a top 3 draft pick in the WNBA draft in April. Teams are always looking for players that "can score the basketball." She currently leads the nation in scoring at 29.1 ppg. NCAA College Women's Basketball DI current individual Stats | NCAA.com

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Are they facing each other in the first game of the tournament?

I think you meant “probably two more times.”
I'm assuming that UConn won't "spit the bit", and lose a tournament game before the championship game on Monday, March 6.
The thought of UConn losing before then never entered my mind, but you are correct. I will bet my turban Villanova won't either. They SHOULD meet two more times. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom