Kudos to Hurley and Co. | The Boneyard

Kudos to Hurley and Co.

Reaction Score
Most impressed by the work behind the scene by Hurley and his coach staff that gives us this on court product…

Recruiting
Masterful roster constructing
Culture building
Adapting (portal transfers)
Learning (having JC at practices)
In game coaching (watch out, Hurley is constantly working on his craft..) —this is what we all wait for it to happen.

Hurley the Carpenter!!!

Reaction Score
Great post. THIS is what we all hoped for when Hurley was hired. Everything is coming together really well. The hard work is paying off.

Nitpicking 101: My one wish for Hurley would be to keep a bit more of a positive rapport with the refs. Last night he seemed to be on the verge of getting T'd up, and I think he could avoid some of those situations and really pick his spots better.

Overall:. Fantastic job by Hurley and the staff. Easy group to love and root for.

Reaction Score
Great post. THIS is what we all hoped for when Hurley was hired. Everything is coming together really well. The hard work is paying off.

Nitpicking 101: My one wish for Hurley would be to keep a bit more of a positive rapport with the refs. Last night he seemed to be on the verge of getting T'd up, and I think he could avoid some of those situations and really pick his spots better.

Overall:. Fantastic job by Hurley and the staff. Easy group to love and root for.

He’d have already got T’d up if this was last year. He is getting better at controlling his emotions too…

Reaction Score

He's getting better, but I agree in general. I think it was the Delaware State game that he got T'd up late in the second half when the game was already away. No reason for that. That being said, in the last two games I think he toned it down substantially. And ultimately, the results speak for themselves.

Reaction Score
I’ve been seeing a lot of very good designed plays being used during the half court sets and out of bounds plays this year that have worked. There were good ones last year but this year it’s much more noticeable to me.

The one that works perfectly is when Sanogo goes to the ball side block when the ball is on the wing looking like the play is designed for him to get the ball down low then, but he doesn’t get the pass. The opposite wing then flashes to the foul line, gets the pass from the player who had the ball and then he dumps it down to Sanogo who had turned and sealed his man with a drop step and is able to get the pass and score with a little up and under layup on the opposite side of the rim. There are a couple variations of this play but it’s worked every time and it’s a timing and speed play that you can tell was run many times in practice. The 3 point shot run for West Coast Joey last night was also well designed.

A collective effort between the staff designing these plays and the players executing them.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I thought for sure when the announcer said "technical foul" it was going to be on Hurley, especially after the two flops on Sanogo that were called fouls and then we tried to draw the same thing and nothing.

Reaction Score

I disagree. The reffing in every game this season has been awful (especially last night for both sides). The amount of BS fouls called on UConn (and their opponents) this year are too many to count. Hurley is an emotional guy. He is a maniac on the sidelines and I love him for that. I hope he never changes, even if it results in a few technicals.

Reaction Score
The officiating was bad both ways. I think after the “scuffle” that wasn’t even a “scuffle” heading into the locker room, the officials decided to call the game much closer in the second half.

They were consistent in the second half. Consistently terrible.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Most impressed by the work behind the scene by Hurley and his coach staff that gives us this on court product…

Recruiting
Culture building
In game coaching (watch out, Hurley is constantly working on his craft..) —this is what we all wait for it to happen.

Hurley the Carpenter!!!
You know what's missing? Swagger. Nobody is talking about swagger this year. And I say "good riddance" because I was sick of swagger. Swagger doesn't get you one extra bucket. You don't need it when you are good and play team ball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Recruiting
Culture building

Hurley the Carpenter!!!
Absolute home run this off season. The transfers. Clingan and Karaban (guess Karaban was last off season). Excellent work. I think it rivals JCs last large recruiting class of Lamb, Shabazz, Roscoe Olander, etc... time will tell

Reaction Score
You were warned!!

Imagine when we actually have success in the tourney again where the recruiting will go. I mean hes got arguably the best Uconn class on paper coming in ever. Maybe the Marshall class is better? Would not be shocked if in a couple years we see him bring in one of those insane classes that has a couple of one and dones in it. Heck, it may already happen next year.

Reaction Score
I disagree. The reffing in every game this season has been awful (especially last night for both sides). The amount of BS fouls called on UConn (and their opponents) this year are too many to count. Hurley is an emotional guy. He is a maniac on the sidelines and I love him for that. I hope he never changes, even if it results in a few technicals.
I just hate the ticky tack crap that was happening last night. Any contact made if the guy with the ball just flings his head back like Kramer in the Seinfeld spitting episode its a foul. Also the flops. Good grief the flops. smdh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom