Krispy Kreme and Alyssa Thomas | The Boneyard

Krispy Kreme and Alyssa Thomas

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This one's for Triad: After her Achilles tear, Alyssa Thomas was despondent. Didn't come out of her room for over a week. Her mother couldn't get her out, her father couldn't get her out. Dewanna Bonner took the soonest flight she could after a short contract to play in Israel. Evidently she tried about 50 things to get AT out with no luck till she hit on Krispy Kreme. Soon as she said "I'll take you to Krispy Kreme," AT was all in.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This one's for Triad: After her Achilles tear, Alyssa Thomas was despondent. Didn't come out of her room for over a week. Her mother couldn't get her out, her father couldn't get her out. Dewanna Bonner took the soonest flight she could after a short contract to play in Israel. Evidently she tried about 50 things to get AT out with no luck till she hit on Krispy Kreme. Soon as she said "I'll take you to Krispy Kreme," AT was all in.
Dewanna Bonner knows about Krispy Kreme. :eek::eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Contrary to popular belief... I'm not a huge purveyor of KK donuts. According to my Google Timeline.. my last visit was June 10 of 2020. Sadly, this thread has made me hungry for donuts..... the BY strikes again. :(

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Dewanna Bonner knows about Krispy Kreme. :eek::eek:
Krispy Kreme, had one before the Sun game the other night. Bonner should know it, there is one about 100 feet from the Mohegan sun ticket office and main entrance to the arena.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I hadn’t realized Krispy Kreme had gotten up to Connecticut. I had never seen one till I moved South. But then I (obviously) hadn’t realized Triad wasn’t a Krispy Kreme guy, so what do I know.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I prefer Dunkin' to Krispy Kreme, TBH. Their Boston Cream, Lemon Filled and French Crullers are much better than Krispy Kreme's. There are also tons more Dunkin' Donuts in Columbia than Krispy Kreme.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hadn’t realized Krispy Kreme had gotten up to Connecticut. I had never seen one till I moved South. But then I (obviously) hadn’t realized Triad wasn’t a Krispy Kreme guy, so what do I know.

Well I wouldn't go that far :p I love me some Krispy Kreme, but I had to cut back on it... cause I had a tendency to go overboard. I mean you can't just get one doughnut... You either have to get 4 of the featured donuts or 12 assorted... no in between.

Sadly... I just looked at the current KK offerings... and they made my 4 all-tme favorites a part of their permanent menu (Reese's with the chocolate icing and peanut butter filling, The Oreo's cookie and cream, NY Cheesecake, and Cake Batter) :(:(:( If you do the math.. its cheaper to get 3 of each kind......... do I dare get 12 donuts... ?? I should have never come back into this thread.

cb.jpg

Reaction Score
Krispy Kreme came into CT like gang busters, I believe early 2000, ever since they all closed except for the only remaining one at Mohegan Sun (I believe this to be the case). The Northeast is such a stronghold for Dunkin Donuts making it difficult for any other franchise to get a foothold...besides IMO, it's the coffee that people mostly want these days passing up the donuts.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Krispy Kreme came into CT like gang busters, I believe early 2000, ever since they all closed except for the only remaining one at Mohegan Sun (I believe this to be the case). The Northeast is such a stronghold for Dunkin Donuts making it difficult for any other franchise to get a foothold...besides IMO, it's the coffee that people mostly want these days passing up the donuts.
I can't drink Dunkin's coffee. Ptui.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom