KO's next steps on the recruiting trail | The Boneyard

KO's next steps on the recruiting trail

Reaction Score
The problem that all this late recruiting creates, aside from the obvious, it gets them behind for 2018, as they are virtually doing a do-over for 2017. It is hard to look at 2018, create targets, etc, when you don't even have your roster assembled for 2017 yet, far from it.

Reaction Score
The problem that all this late recruiting creates, aside from the obvious, it gets them behind for 2018, as they are virtually doing a do-over for 2017. It is hard to look at 2018, create targets, etc, when you don't even have your roster assembled for 2017 yet, far from it.

I don't believe this ... NOR would most people that are in a sales or production business. You have tools & you have capacity. You just go hunt & gather. I can't see relationship segments by class matter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm going to piggyback on this post to ask what I've been thinking; is anybody else nervous about this? Aside from the Diarra visit, is there any news to suggest that we are close to landing some guys to shore up the roster?

I was hoping, when all of this went down, that somebody would be more or less lined up to come in quickly. Obi is at the top of my list, but there's no news. We need a guard too, so who is it? I just want something positive to happen to rekindle my hope.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

If sensible make that, I could agrees or not, but is too hard to reading how you write for knowing.

Reaction Score
If sensible make that, I could agrees or not, but is too hard to reading how you write for knowing.

I just took a look at your posts, to get a feel for who and what you are, needless to say, you have reached the ignore list, you contribute nothing.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I just took a look at your posts, to get a feel for who and what you are, needless to say, you have reached the ignore list, you contribute nothing.

Thank you for making it easier for me after I was counseled to keep my eye on you.

I could never figure out if the 56 in your nsme was your graduation year, age, IQ, or shoe size, but something has seemed awry in your approach and expression. May you turn out to be a healthy presence on The Boneyard.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Think the chances of grabbing any of those guys is slim. Not impossible but slim.

Reaction Score
Think the chances of grabbing any of those guys is slim. Not impossible but slim.

Yup. Big fish have entered the game for most of the guys we are looking at.

Reaction Score
Our present "optics" doesn't help the situation, it just became tougher to get players with all the drama. We have to land a quality player, to change the optics, before they all disappear.

Reaction Score
"And if coach Ollie gets really desperate", I hear Terrence Samuel is looking for a graduate transfer opportunity."

Excuse me but aren't we past really desperate? T Sam can fill in as a point forward in a three guard lineup, he played a vital role in 2014, he's a good defender. What is the holdup? Three weeks ago we probably didn't need him, but now?

It seems to me that one of Ollie's biggest recruiting mistakes is that he continually ignores the low hanging fruit that we can grab (Issac Vann and others)

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The problem with lost recruiting classes is that they inevitably create down years two or three seasons down the road.

Given who we're recruiting in 2017 and who we will likely end up with, this class will look like something a top A10 school would aspire to....which isn't good given that we're not aiming to be a top A10 school.

We'll see what happens in 2018 where they have some ground to make up already, but they really need to pull something out of their butts this month.

And please, for the love of God, let poor Terrence Samuel go to some low mid-major where he belongs.

Reaction Score
The Oz thesis these guys were pushed out to insert some ready made guy in waiting was and is complete non-sense.
I tend to agree with you Chief. It was my hope that all of these defections were a result of making room for others. The longer this plays out, the less that seems likely.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with you Chief. It was my hope that all of these defections were a result of making room for others. The longer this plays out, the less that seems likely.

Couldn't agree more. Sure, let's gut the team of 4* recruits, to make room for JUCO players, grad transfers, and those left that are not even in the top 100. While the players we released, are being targeted by schools like Virginia, and Notre Dame, sure makes a lot of sense to me! (NOT!)

Reaction Score
Let's hope he get some players that knows how to play n plays hard irrespective of the rankings. Cobb I like and he should be productive. Players like Enoch n Durham are not big losses. Enoch was rank that high base on his physical attributes only. He does not know the game and has poor mechanics. He played 2 yrs at UCONN and has miss all his one hand dunks, gotten no alleyoops dunks. These are the prerequisites for a high level college big man. If u are teaching a 7 foot guy how to do a one hand dunk in college. You are really in trouble

Reaction Score
Hmmmm....Players like Enoch n Durham are not big losses.

Unless you replace them with Cobb and Carlton.

Reaction Score
Remember we had Sam Cassell Jr. from the same school as Cobb. Cassell averaged 19.7ppg there. Cobb averaged 10.9ppg, and shot just 52% as a big guy. He also blocked a grand total of 6 shots, and had 72 turnovers. I'm not sure what your expecting, and I do hope he is a big surprise, but I am not convinced.

Reaction Score
Cobb will be a much better player then Enoch will be next yr if he stay at UCONN. This is both on the offensive and defensive end. Have u watch the tapes and saw the rebounding stats for Cobb. He also can make a uncontested dunk. Enoch n Brimah were black holes on offense. The offense stops for 5 to10 sec when they got the ball. They can't pass n u wonder why we take contested jump shots to the end of shot clock

Reaction Score
Cobb will be a much better player then Enoch will be next yr if he stay at UConn. This is both on the offensive and defensive end. Have u watch the tapes and saw the rebounding stats for Cobb. He also can make a uncontested dunk. Enoch n Brimah were black holes on offense. The offense stops for 5 to10 sec when they got the ball. They can't pass n u wonder why we take contested jump shots to the end of shot clock

The word is cobb is extremely out of shape....

Reaction Score
Cobb will be a much better player then Enoch will be next yr if he stay at UConn. This is both on the offensive and defensive end. Have u watch the tapes and saw the rebounding stats for Cobb. He also can make a uncontested dunk. Enoch n Brimah were black holes on offense. The offense stops for 5 to10 sec when they got the ball. They can't pass n u wonder why we take contested jump shots to the end of shot clock

Cobb had 32 assists in JC. You have to realize this kid did nothing at SC, and watching videos are highlights, your seeing the best of the best, all against JC teams. The fact is, you could be right, and he becomes a great asset, or I could be right, in not expecting much. We are both speculating. I'm basing my thoughts on the fact that we had a player already from that same JC, that was a star, averaged just shy of 20ppg, and could not get out of his own way at UCONN. The numbers simply did not translate, and he had 2 years, neither good. Your basing your opinion on his numbers translating at UCONN. There is a giant leap from this JC and who they play vs what he will see at UCONN. I'm sorry, but I don't see it, and I hope I am dead wrong in that assessment.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Remember we had Sam Cassell Jr. from the same school as Cobb. Cassell averaged 19.7ppg there. Cobb averaged 10.9ppg, and shot just 52% as a big guy. He also blocked a grand total of 6 shots, and had 72 turnovers. I'm not sure what your expecting, and I do hope he is a big surprise, but I am not convinced.
Expecting some rebounds which would be a change for our bigs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom