Kofi visiting “soon” | The Boneyard

Kofi visiting “soon”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know how Hurley plays this? If Wahab had a great visit would we have offered him? If so and he accepts, will we still pursue Kofi? How does Mitchell factor in since he was supposedly a ND lean and is still shopping around?

Reaction Score
From what other BY’s have been saying, you take what you can(Wahab/Mitchell) if they want to commit. Kofi/Precious shouldn’t be scared off by any of the potential commits.

Reaction Score
Anyone know how Hurley plays this? If Wahab had a great visit would we have offered him? If so and he accepts, will we still pursue Kofi? How does Mitchell factor in since he was supposedly a ND lean and is still shopping around?

We offered Wahab in May. We definitely pitched him to commit this weekend. Some of the insiders are saying it's possible he does coming up (but none have said definitively that he will, seems more grains of sand than most of these other obvious yes or no situations have been). Multiple people have stated and I have heard that the staff is willing to accept a commitment from any of the 3 centers we've been linked with (in addition to Akok). Assuming Akok and a non-Kofi big commits, I doubt we would use the Precious scholarship on Kofi (if he'd even want it with those 2 bigs in the fold, which he probably wouldn't.) So it's likely first center commit and sorry to the other 2.

Kofi is doing his own thing. He's a highly sought after recruit. We seem to be one of (if not) the frontrunners, but he knows he has plenty of options if UConn doesn't work out. He's probably aware, but not living or dying on the fact that UConn has had other centers in. That being said, bringing the other centers in will at least likely force Kofi to even think about whether he'd like to get in on UConn before the door closes. I do know the staff has been trying to get him in for a visit for a while and as he stated it should happen soon. The competition (and good class narrative) should at least make him more likely to commit after the visit if it goes well, although, again, a top ~30 kid like Kofi will have the luxury of waiting to commit if he's not 100% sold (because if not here, he'll find somewhere reasonable ala Tremont).

Reading the tea leaves (ND twitter for Mitchell, semi-positive posts by insiders for Wahab, Kofi instagram), it seems like we still have a decent shot with all 3. The good news from a probability standpoint is flipping tails 3 times in a row isn't very likely. As for strategy? I still don't think Hurley tries to shoot the moon and direct all attention strictly on Kofi. However, getting a date for Kofi to come OV will just put more pressure on the first 2 and is the next step in him possibly committing, so that's the obvious path forward (along with watching/meeting with Precious at every opportunity). Wahab has a Pittsburgh OV in a few weeks and hasn't gone to Georgetown yet (which some have chattered about). Ideally we'd get Kofi in before that visit to really apply pressure to that Wahab lever while also still working on Mitchell. Securing (announcing?) the Akok commitment should only help the above strategy.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We offered Wahab in May. We definitely pitched him to commit this weekend. Some of the insiders are saying it's possible he does coming up (but none have said definitively that he will, seems more grains of sand than most of these other obvious yes or no situations have been). Multiple people have stated and I have heard that the staff is willing to accept a commitment from any of the 3 centers we've been linked with (in addition to Akok). Assuming Akok and a non-Kofi big commits, I doubt we would use the Precious scholarship on Kofi (if he'd even want it with those 2 bigs in the fold, which he probably wouldn't.) So it's likely first center commit and sorry to the other 2.

Kofi is doing his own thing. He's a highly sought after recruit. We seem to be one of (if not) the frontrunners, but he knows he has plenty of options if UConn doesn't work out. He's probably aware, but not living or dying on the fact that UConn has had other centers in. That being said, bringing the other centers in will at least likely force Kofi to even think about whether he'd like to get in on UConn before the door closes. I do know the staff has been trying to get him in for a visit for a while and as he stated it should happen soon. The competition (and good class narrative) should at least make him more likely to commit after the visit if it goes well, although, again, a top ~30 kid like Kofi will have the luxury of waiting to commit if he's not 100% sold (because if not here, he'll find somewhere reasonable ala Tremont).

Reading the tea leaves (ND twitter for Mitchell, semi-positive posts by insiders for Wahab, Kofi instagram), it seems like we still have a decent shot with all 3. The good news from a probability standpoint is flipping tails 3 times in a row isn't very likely. As for strategy? I still don't think Hurley tries to shoot the moon and direct all attention strictly on Kofi. However, getting a date for Kofi to come OV will just put more pressure on the first 2 and is the next step in him possibly committing, so that's the obvious path forward (along with watching/meeting with Precious at every opportunity). Wahab has a Pittsburgh OV in a few weeks and hasn't gone to Georgetown yet (which some have chattered about). Ideally we'd get Kofi in before that visit to really apply pressure to that Wahab lever while also still working on Mitchell. Securing (announcing?) the Akok commitment should only help the above strategy.
This is much too detailed and informing to be posted in public. The press and Cuse lurkers now have scoops on Hurley ‘s process.

You should have said Hurley has made a big October crack in the dam.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Good stuff auror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44