kofi cockburn | The Boneyard

kofi cockburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
247 sports interviewed kofi. LSU is telling him that he reminds them of Shaq.
What about Andre Drummond? He also seems to be very close to his mentor and taking advice from him.. does anyone on our staff know his mentor? sorry I did not put on the link. I found it on Twitter under cue the world.

Reaction Score
247 sports interviewed kofi. LSU is telling him that he reminds them of Shaq.
What about Andre Drummond? He also seems to be very close to his mentor and taking advice from him.. does anyone on our staff know his mentor? sorry I did not put on the link. I found it on Twitter under cue the world.
sorry I meant to say cue the music

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing when I saw his video. His under the rim presence reminds me of Shaq. Definitely can relate to Drummond too. Kid is his own beast.

Get em!

Reaction Score
I would hate to lose Cockburn to LSU...the same school that has Tremont Waters who should have been in a Husky jersey.

Reaction Score
From what I'm told his handler or mentor is the same as Kenton Faceys. He had a relationship with the old staff but he also said that things are chaotic up there (this was last summer with all the departures).

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
SEC schools all have bag men, just waiting to see who is willing to fork over the most. Not saying he will go there but we've all heard how the SEC operates.

Reaction Score
If you guys think SEC bag men (outside of Kentucky and wherever Bruce Pearl happens to be coaching) are diverting money that could be spent on football towards basketball...

You are mistaken.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If you guys think SEC bag men (outside of Kentucky and wherever Bruce Pearl happens to be coaching) are diverting money that could be spent on football towards basketball...

You are mistaken.

Dude, there's way more than enough money to go around. The rumors at LSU are not exactly quiet in nature. Even schools like Vandy too.

Reaction Score
I would hate to lose Cockburn to LSU...the same school that has Tremont Waters who should have been in a Husky jersey.
He more or less says in the article that they’re not much of a factor in his recruitment.

Reaction Score
Dude, there's way more than enough money to go around. The rumors at LSU are not exactly quiet in nature. Even schools like Vandy too.
Hmm

The rumors I heard were that Tremont went to LSU for it's superior academics

Basically all I'm saying is that, obviously schools have bag men, but the idea that paying players for basketball in the SEC is more prevalent than any other conference is wrong (especially with the existence of the ACC).

Now if we're talking football, it's a different story.

Reaction Score
Basically all I'm saying is that, obviously schools have bag men, but the idea that paying players for basketball in the SEC is more prevalent than any other conference is wrong (especially with the existence of the ACC).

Now if we're talking football, it's a different story.
You're wrong. It's prevalent in both. Football is on a bigger scale for sure. I live down here. Programs with little to no history for a quarter century start getting 5-stars out of the blue. Read between the lines.

LSU, Vandy, Auburn, Alabama, et al. All big-time payers.

Reaction Score
Wade and Drew are very good young coaches. Their classes are insanely loaded, but I wouldn’t go overboard in calling them out for cheating already. Avery Johnson has a ton of NBA connections and managed to keep Sexton down south, which helped land Petty. His class this year is nothing special. I think he’s basically clean.

There are some huge cheaters out there, and there aren’t many coaches that are without scuffs, but I don’t think there’s much to hate with those 3 guys.

Reaction Score
Wade and Drew are very good young coaches. Their classes are insanely loaded, but I wouldn’t go overboard in calling them out for cheating already. Avery Johnson has a ton of NBA connections and managed to keep Sexton down south, which helped land Petty. His class this year is nothing special. I think he’s basically clean.

There are some huge cheaters out there, and there aren’t many coaches that are without scuffs, but I don’t think there’s much to hate with those 3 guys.
You think LSU is clean, bwahahaha.

As for Bryce Drew, I don't know of anything but when you get one of the best classes in the country right away at Vandy and your brother is Scott Drew, red flags start to go up.

Reaction Score
You think LSU is clean, bwahahaha.

As for Bryce Drew, I don't know of anything but when you get one of the best classes in the country right away at Vandy and your brother is Scott Drew, red flags start to go up.
I don't think any of the SEC schools are really "clean", but I don't equate Wade or Bryce Drew with Sean Miller or Rick Pitino either. Even Scott Drew isn't on that level IMO (impermissible texts vs. duffle bags of cash). There's always going to be plenty of shade to the college game.

The only 2 players that I think deserve any eyebrow raises in either class are Williams (LSU) and Shittu (Vandy). Williams has a myriad of character red flags so I'm sure some schools lost interest. With Shittu it would just be pure speculation, and really Vanderbilt was on him from the get go so I don't find it too suspicious. Javonte Smart is from Louisiana, Naz Reid's girlfriend committed to LSU before he did, and Darius Garland is from Tennessee.

Reaction Score
You're wrong. It's prevalent in both. Football is on a bigger scale for sure. I live down here. Programs with little to no history for a quarter century start getting 5-stars out of the blue. Read between the lines.

I live down here too. Obviously it's prevelant, I just don't believe it's more prevalent (in basketball) than any other conference.

Reaction Score

I would have agreed with you a couple of years ago
Outside of Ky. ,Vandy, and Fla basketball was of very little importance and SEC basketball
was really pretty bad. It seems for whatever reason another of other SEC schools have “stepped up recruiting. “ maybe their simply hedging their bets on football or increased quality basketball is a key indicator of the alleged power conference break.
Stepped up recruiting in the SEC could mean these schools have internally hired better coaches, assistants coach’s with good recruiting background ,and fostered relationships with the AAU coaches , or they have taken the easy way and simply allocated cash for the athletes .
Whether the ACC or any other league or teams have or are still engaged in it is irrelevant.
It seems to me the SEC in total has decided to become a player and has the cash to do it the easy way. That’s not a good thing for schools like UConn or anyone else.

Reaction Score
I don't think any of the SEC schools are really "clean", but I don't equate Wade or Bryce Drew with Sean Miller or Rick Pitino either. Even Scott Drew isn't on that level IMO (impermissible texts vs. duffle bags of cash). There's always going to be plenty of shade to the college game.

The only 2 players that I think deserve any eyebrow raises in either class are Williams (LSU) and Shittu (Vandy). Williams has a myriad of character red flags so I'm sure some schools lost interest. With Shittu it would just be pure speculation, and really Vanderbilt was on him from the get go so I don't find it too suspicious. Javonte Smart is from Louisiana, Naz Reid's girlfriend committed to LSU before he did, and Darius Garland is from Tennessee.
A lot of Connecticut people say Waters is getting paid. It's before Wade got there but it's pretty well known LSU has been paying players since the Shaq days. I highly doubt that stopped once Wade got there and they started bringing in even more highly regarded kids.

Reaction Score
I would have agreed with you a couple of years ago
Outside of Ky. ,Vandy, and Fla basketball was of very little importance and SEC basketball
was really pretty bad. It seems for whatever reason another of other SEC schools have “stepped up recruiting. “ maybe their simply hedging their bets on football or increased quality basketball is a key indicator of the alleged power conference break.
Stepped up recruiting in the SEC could mean these schools have internally hired better coaches, assistants coach’s with good recruiting background ,and fostered relationships with the AAU coaches , or they have taken the easy way and simply allocated cash for the athletes .
Whether the ACC or any other league or teams have or are still engaged in it is irrelevant.
It seems to me the SEC in total has decided to become a player and has the cash to do it the easy way. That’s not a good thing for schools like UConn or anyone else.

Defending the SEC is definitely not a hill I'm willing to die on, but I'm married into a big SEC family and I have had almost continuous contact with a multitude of different SEC almuni bases both here in Atlanta and in Washington DC. Based on that experience it is bizzare how these fan bases are almost prideful in their complete disregard for college basketball.

Even amongst UF alum, I know a sizeable minority of them are more proud of their college World Series championship last year than either of their basketball championships.

Reaction Score
Defending the SEC is definitely not a hill I'm willing to die on, but I'm married into a big SEC family and I have had almost continuous contact with a multitude of different SEC almuni bases both here in Atlanta and in Washington DC. Based on that experience it is bizzare how these fan bases are almost prideful in their complete disregard for college basketball.

Even amongst UF alum, I know a sizeable minority of them are more proud of their college World Series championship last year than either of their basketball championships.
Yeah basketball is far down the line down here. I live in Gator country myself and agree on their view of hoops despite that program's success. I married into an SEC family too but not Gator fortunately!!! But there is definitely a 'if you're not cheating, you're not tryin' mentality down here.

Reaction Score
A lot of Connecticut people say Waters is getting paid. It's before Wade got there but it's pretty well known LSU has been paying players since the Shaq days. I highly doubt that stopped once Wade got there and they started bringing in even more highly regarded kids.
Yeah that is definitely fair, I was talking only about Wade. Blakeney was most likely paid too as it was between them and UofL.

Reaction Score
Yeah basketball is far down the line down here. I live in Gator country myself and agree on their view of hoops despite that program's success. I married into an SEC family too but not Gator fortunately!!! But there is definitely a 'if you're not cheating, you're not tryin' mentality down here.

Ha, yeah I'm married into a UGA family but they legitimately think that UGA is clean and does things "the Georgia way" and they think that UGA is "above" the rest of the SEC.

Which is just so painfully naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44