OT: Kofi Cockburn signs with Illinois | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Kofi Cockburn signs with Illinois

Reaction Score
Our team may have lost out on a coveted prospect, but this is great content.

Reaction Score
But would they leave the B1G...in exchange for 1 championship. Because I would give up the 2014 championship in a heart beat to be in the b1G

Depends. Majority of the Big10 players/fans will never see a championships in their lifetime. I like to think that if the opportunity is given to them they (fans) would choose a championship over their conference affiliation. This reminds me of Braveheart.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Depends. Majority of the Big10 players/fans will never see a championships in their lifetime. I like to think that if the opportunity is given to them they (fans) would choose a championship over their conference affiliation. This reminds me of Braveheart.

At the same time being part of the B1G with some obvious exceptions ensures you'll be a money making program, which in turn ensures the longevity of your program.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I don't see it. It's one of those things where to get one championship, you'd significantly reduce the opportunity to get more. At bare minimum, you are forgoing the opportunity to watch meaningful/marquee games throughout the year for the rest of your life.

Set your athletic program up for life, or get one championship. It's not a hard decision.

Reaction Score
I don't see it. It's one of those things where to get one championship, you'd significantly reduce the opportunity to get more. At bare minimum, you are forgoing the opportunity to watch meaningful/marquee games throughout the year for the rest of your life.

Set your athletic program up for life, or get one championship. It's not a hard decision.

That's a great point, you may have actually turned me.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
At the same time being part of the B1G with some obvious exceptions ensures you'll be a money making program, which in turn ensures the longevity of your program.

And you get to play at Ohio State and Indiana instead of like, Tulsa.

C

Chief00

Hurley isn’t stupid. He wanted to sign guys before or at the start of the season and he did that with two early 4 stars and another in December. As the losing season wore on and injuries developed the team loss some shine and it made it more difficult along with an unique factor involving Illinois. But, Zion is going to be disappointed if his goal is to seal the dam.

Reaction Score
It’s amazing to me the roster of P5 schools that have NEVER been to the FF and most will never get there.I’m speaking of the years from 1984 to now when the Dance included 64 teams for the first time.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
One of the most inane things said on this board in quite a while
So irrelevant that UConn would be ecstatic to be asked to join the conference
It’s not even a top 25 most insane post this month.

Reaction Score
It’s not even a top 25 most insane post this month.

If you value TV revenue and football than yea it's insane. If you value championships, which this bozo clearly doesn't, than it is the smartest post of all time.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Hurley isn’t stupid. He wanted to sign guys before or at the start of the season and he did that with two early 4 stars and another in December. As the losing season wore on and injuries developed the team loss some shine and it made it more difficult along with an unique factor involving Illinois. But, Zion is going to be disappointed if his goal is to seal the dam.

When and who?

Reaction Score
If you value TV revenue and football than yea it's insane. If you value championships, which this bozo clearly doesn't, than it is the smartest post of all time.

Relevance has nothing to with championships. It has to do with market footprint. You should ask the Chicago White Sox about how irrelevant the Cubs were during their 100-plus year championship drought. I can give other examples if you like.

You should remember that literally no one outside of Connecticutt cares about those four championships. They occurred in a lost world that is not coming back. They don't buy you anything in 2019.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You should remember that literally no one outside of Connecticutt cares about those four championships. They occurred in a lost world that is not coming back. They don't buy you anything in 2019.
Nonsense. Everyone remembers UConn has 4 championships and Hurley reminds them everyday. 99.99999% of the schools in the country wish they had our history to sell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Relevance has nothing to with championships. It has to do with market footprint. You should ask the Chicago White Sox about how irrelevant the Cubs were during their 100-plus year championship drought. I can give other examples if you like.

Lol, because the today's players weren't watching basketball in 2014. Really was there even TV back then?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don’t care about anyone else’s championships either...not understanding your point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom