Kobe Has No Beef With UConn | The Boneyard

Kobe Has No Beef With UConn

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
" Gianna has been especially fond of the team and hopes to play for the Huskies eventually, and it's the people involved that have drawn her to the program.
"I think the players, first and foremost. The camaraderie that they have with each other is something she kind of gravitated to," Kobe told SNY's Justine Ward at Saturday's game in Storrs. "And then Geno (Auriemma) and (Chris Dailey) and their leadership and the culture of the program, all the way on down to Rebecca (Lobo) and Diana (Taurasi) and Sue (Bird), so she loves the program."

"They play a game that's played together," he said. "Individually they all have brilliant things that they do, but they sacrifice that individual brilliance for a team effort - how they move the ball, how they move off the ball, how they screen for each other, defensively how they scheme well together. Those are things that's a lost art, and to be honest with you it's a lost art in the NBA game."

Embedded video of Kobe at the game. More. Get you Kobe beef her folks.

WATCH: Kobe Bryant's high praise for UConn women's hoops program

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wait, there's more:

"It's pretty cool," Bryant told Justine Ward. "She started off playing soccer which I love, but she came to me about a year-and-a-half ago and said, 'Can you teach me the game?' I said sure, and we started working a little bit and the next thing you know it became a true passion of hers. So it's wonderful."

Embedded video too.

I realize this stuff is all from in game interviews, but my game was interrupted by an hour and a half search for our snow rake and maybe there are a few others who could not catch the game or were there in person and didn't see the vids.

Reaction Score
If Gianna wants to play at UConn, she might want to find a coach who knows more about the game.

Actually, we have been discussing who might take over after Geno retires...

Wouldn't that be amazing!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ironic in the #MeToo era, Kobe is still Mr. Teflon.
Yeah, Kobe has worked on remaking his image. He is older now and seems more mature and more responsible. Some people who err, like Marv Albert, are forgiven in time and move on.

Reaction Score
This was Kobe's apology letter. People's careers have been ruined for less.

Although I truly believe this encounter between us was
consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this
incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery,
listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now
understand how she feels that she did not consent to this
encounter.

Kobe Bryant's apology

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
" Gianna has been especially fond of the team and hopes to play for the Huskies eventually, and it's the people involved that have drawn her to the program.
"I think the players, first and foremost. The camaraderie that they have with each other is something she kind of gravitated to," Kobe told SNY's Justine Ward at Saturday's game in Storrs. "And then Geno (Auriemma) and (Chris Dailey) and their leadership and the culture of the program, all the way on down to Rebecca (Lobo) and Diana (Taurasi) and Sue (Bird), so she loves the program."

"They play a game that's played together," he said. "Individually they all have brilliant things that they do, but they sacrifice that individual brilliance for a team effort - how they move the ball, how they move off the ball, how they screen for each other, defensively how they scheme well together. Those are things that's a lost art, and to be honest with you it's a lost art in the NBA game."

It's not exactly on a par with the infamous "Headless Man Found in Topless Bar" headline but I appreciate the creativity of your thread line, Rocky.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It's not exactly on a par with the infamous "Headless Man Found in Topless Bar" headline but I appreciate the creativity of your thread line, Rocky.
That one is sorta like dog bites man. I think many men have lost their heads in topless bars. Especially when they got home! ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That one is sorta like dog bites man. I think many men have lost their heads in topless bars. Especially when they got home! ;)

So they tucked their heads under their arms and dropped them when the wives meet them at their doors??

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If Gianna wants to play at UConn, she might want to find a coach who knows more about the game.

Actually, we have been discussing who might take over after Geno retires...

Wouldn't that be amazing!

Too subtle. From 12 year olds to WCBB in a single bound. The man was a terrific leaper, but that's a rim too far.

Reaction Score

At over $100 a pound? Back in “71” in Okinawa only cost $2.50 for complete meal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom