OT: - Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash [merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash [merged thread]

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I apologize in advance for being paranoid...
But has anyone heard from Phee?
Is she playing abroad?

Reaction Score
I apologize in advance for being paranoid...
But has anyone heard from Phee?
Is she playing abroad?
She’s in China. Arrived fairly recently.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
She’s in China. Arrived fairly recently.

Thank you
not the best place to be at the moment
but the alternative is less satisfactory.
Thanks again

Reaction Score
Saddened and still in shock. Waking up and seeing the notification on my phone I told myself this couldn't be real but reality doesnt lie. We just lost one of the best supporters and advocates for Womens basketball and for me that causes much grief. Someone now needs to step up to the plate and continue what Kobe was doing for the sport. Even though I'm a Spurs fan, I wish Lebron and co. to go as far as Kobe's spirit and legacy can take them this season. To everyone - please dont take your life for granted and enjoy each day because tomorrow is never promised. To Kobe - thank you for everything you did to promote womens basketball and I appreciate that so much. May you be embraced in the arms of our heavenly father.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What a loss to his family, and the basketball family at large. Great player, great father and man. My heart goes out to all the families affected and to all who loved them.

Reaction Score
You could see her tears sporadically appear throughout the game. It had to be hard for her to concentrate. Probable as the game wore on it got easier.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am heartbroken. As a huge Lakers and UConn fan, we loss a legend and a future UConn Husky. Kobe Bryant and Gianna "GiGi" were in attendance at many UConn and WNBA games. I was looking forward to watching GiGi play at UConn. I know she would have been a very special player. Hopefully, UConn makes GiGi a honorary member of UConn and a Husky. Keep his wife, family, friends and other families in prayer!!

Reaction Score
Watching a game, discussing the details with his daughter. Looks like she understood the point, whatever it was. Sad day. :(:

Reaction Score
A tragedy for all the loss of life. Later in life Kobe became an advocate and ambassador for WBB. I also stand with those who believe in redemption.

It is important to remember however the entire impact of Kobe's actions over his entire life.

Reaction Score
May God welcome them all home. May he bring comfort to their families and friends.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
This has hit the OC communities hard. I was at the gym, this morning, and everyone was in shock. Someone knew someone who was on that helicopter, or something like that.
I used to watch a player in HS,named Sammy Doucette. She also played on Cal Swish and then for Vanguard University. She is now the WBB coach at Orange Coast College, a Juco, where the baseball coach, who was on the flight died.
She reflected about getting her job and what John Altobelli told her.

Small world. Hug someone you love.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom