KO After Today's Practice Talks PK80 Performance, Previews Columbia & More | The Boneyard

KO After Today's Practice Talks PK80 Performance, Previews Columbia & More

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand the statement that we have good shooters and we’re just not taking good shots. I counted endless uncontested shots, including layups that were missed over and over again. Free-throw shooting seemed week as well. Just hoping they are working on some of this in practice as well.

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand the statement that we have good shooters and we’re just not taking good shots. I counted endless uncontested shots, including layups that were missed over and over again. Free-throw shooting seemed week as well. Just hoping they are working on some of this in practice as well.
I think we have good shooters who need more D1 games under their belt before they aren't over thinking it and are letting the game come to them naturally.

It's easy to forget that almost all of our players have played a handful of games together so far. And most of them have only played a handful of D1 games period. There is a long way to go, and teams that have played together for a long time are almost definitely going to kick our ass at the moment until this unit finds some cohesion.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I think we have good shooters who need more D1 games under their belt before they aren't over thinking it and are letting the game come to them naturally.

It's easy to forget that almost all of our players have played a handful of games together so far. And most of them have only played a handful of D1 games period. There is a long way to go, and teams that have played together for a long time are almost definitely going to kick our ass at the moment until this unit finds some cohesion.
It's a lot easier to play with an untroubled mind. The whole team seems to have the weight of Husky Nation on their backs.

Reaction Score
We don’t seem to have good shooters if you look at the stats nationwide, especially when we miss so many wide open uncontested shots.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"My class is in Burton?" What is Ollie doing Burton?

Reaction Score

Stop. That was the same excuse we heard last year after we lost to Wagner. In 2017 every team is inexperienced at playing together. Good coaching is gets these things straightened out early.

Reaction Score
"We got good shooters in here, we gotta take better shots" says Ollie. I'm not so sure about that. I hope he is right and I hope we start getting those better shots.

Reaction Score
All I ask is Uconn win this by at least 10. Not even asking for much more but no less. I see Columbia is 1-4 BUT they have played a few good teams close. Nova beat them by 15 and Penn St (who looks respectable this year so far) by 14. Plus they lost to common opponent Colgate by 6. Just a 10 to 12 point win, keeping them at arms length for most of the game and look confident and competent doing it. Baby steps. I am okay with a 70-58 type affair.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom