OT: Knox gives KY 7 of the top 63..... | The Boneyard

OT: Knox gives KY 7 of the top 63.....

Reaction Score
commits , 5 of them being 5 *.....if Bamba goes that will be 8 in top 60 (or so). Do KY fans ever get dizzy with the roster turnover every year?

IMO sad to see what is now considered the ultimate success in college basketball............All Call has to do is kill it on signing day and on NBA draft day and he rules CBB without ever needing to win it all.

I love UConn for kids like Ray, Rip, Khalid, Ricky, Kemba, Shabazz, Boat, Daniels, Giff, Jalen et al that stayed 3+ years, steadily improved and eventually paid off with a Championship Run, including those old BE Championships when they Really meant something.

I hope we can get back to that tradition of building championship teams.....so yes we need a couple top 60 recruits to be relevant....good luck to KO and Chill this year and 2018.....we're all counting on you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
commits , 5 of them being 5 *.....if Bamba goes that will be 8 in top 60 (or so). Do KY fans ever get dizzy with the roster turnover every year?

IMO sad to see what is now considered the ultimate success in college basketball..All Call has to do is kill it on signing day and on NBA draft day and he rules CBB without ever needing to win it all.

I love UConn for kids like Ray, Rip, Khalid, Ricky, Kemba, Shabazz, Boat, Daniels, Giff, Jalen et al that stayed 3+ years, steadily improved and eventually paid off with a Championship Run, including those old BE Championships when they Really meant something.

I hope we can get back to that tradition of building championship teams.....so yes we need a couple top 60 recruits to be relevant....good luck to KO and Chill this year and 2018.....we're all counting on you.

Technically still 6 five stars on 247 (Hamidou), which would be the most since...the 2013 class (Randle/Harrison twins/Young/Johnson/Lee) who eventually made it to the National Championship game that season as an 8 seed then, you know the rest...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Technically still 6 five stars on 247 (Hamidou), which would be the most since...the 2013 class (Randle/Harrison twins/Young/Johnson/Lee) who eventually made it to the National Championship game that season as an 8 seed then, you know the rest...

As long as UK doesn't get another one of the truly generational players (Anthony Davis), it will be hard for them to win it all again given the turnover they now experience.

Reaction Score
As long as UK doesn't get another one of the truly generational players (Anthony Davis), it will be hard for them to win it all again given the turnover they now experience.

That's a nice sentiment but I'm not sure it's based in reality. Cal's teams lose in the tournament for the same reason everybody else does: it's hard to win the whole thing.

This idea that they're starting fresh every year with an all freshman team is a Boneyard canard. They have kids spread across classes and I'm sure they'll continue to be in the mix.

pj

Reaction Score

Don't know about that, they'll occasionally build up a core of experienced players (the Wenyen Gabriel types) to go with their 5* freshmen and that should be enough to hit the jackpot.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This idea that they're starting fresh every year with an all freshman team is a Boneyard canard. They have kids spread across classes and I'm sure they'll continue to be in the mix.
They won't next year. Three sophomores (unless one transfers) and a crapton of freshmen is it.

I'm sure they'll still be very good by most teams' standards. I doubt they'll be very good by their own.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's a nice sentiment but I'm not sure it's based in reality. Cal's teams lose in the tournament for the same reason everybody else does: it's hard to win the whole thing.

It's not so much freshman, but about turnover. It's hard to integrate all new guys every year and get them to play together in a way that wins championships.

I agree it takes good fortune to win a title. Lord knows UCONN has had it's fair share.

Reaction Score
You know what? I'll take my chances with the 5 stars and let KY try to win with a bunch of our level players and see where it falls. Cal would be sucking wind like we have lately. The best coach in the world needs material to work with.

Reaction Score
The pretty sick thing is that when Bamba goes to Duke and Diallo stays in the draft, this will end up as a pretty run of the mill class for Calipari's standards. Maybe his 4th or 5th best class at UK, and maybe one of the best 20 freshman classes ever. Yikes.

Reaction Score
It's not so much freshman, but about turnover. It's hard to integrate all new guys every year and get them to play together in a way that wins championships.

I agree it takes good fortune to win a title. Lord knows UConn has had it's fair share.
Yet in the last 7 years they have been to 4 FFs and played in 2 title games. Better than any other program (I think) so the turnover does not seem to affect them. Outside of 1 bad year their floor has been the EE.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yet in the last 7 years they have been to 4 FFs and played in 2 title games. Better than any other program (I think) so the turnover does not seem to affect them. Outside of 1 bad year their floor has been the EE.

I'm not saying they aren't effective. Not saying that at all. They get enough talent to beat most teams. When they run into a team that has similar talent, but more experience (end of the tourney, it gets much harder. Obviously, it takes a little extra something to win a title. Now, a few breaks could go their way and they could win one for sure. While it's a winning formula, I just don't think this it's a championship one. Duke does it better. A JMO tho.

Reaction Score
Hey well we got some good players coming in to don't we? I think? We are following them on Twitter I know that for a fact.

Reaction Score
Wonderful. I think it's great, sooner or later people will start to realize that you can win a lot of games, get a high seed and send kids into the NBA after a year of basketball, but final fours and championships will never be a goal.

I really hope they never change. There's nothing better than to watch these kids as the clock winds down and they are about to lose that last game of their collegiate career. It's a beautiful thing, I'm sincerely mean it, and the icing on the cake is knowing that some hillbilly from Kentucky just lost a huge bet.

Go Wildcats, but only for recruiting

Reactions: pj

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm not saying they aren't effective. Not saying that at all. They get enough talent to beat most teams. When they run into a team that has similar talent, but more experience (end of the tourney, it gets much harder. Obviously, it takes a little extra something to win a title. Now, a few breaks could go their way and they could win one for sure. While it's a winning formula, I just don't think this it's a championship one. Duke does it better. A JMO tho.

Agreed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom