"Know What's Possible At UConn" | The Boneyard

"Know What's Possible At UConn"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Banner night for Lobo as UConn faces Cal

"The banner will be placed next to ones honoring Auriemma, who was inducted into the Naismith Hall in his first year of eligibility in 2006. Auriemma was Lobo's presenter at her induction ceremony in September, and she finished her speech by turning to Auriemma and telling him on the Springfield Symphony Hall stage, "I wouldn't be here without you."

"Her speech was amazing," Auriemma said. "Nothing she said surprised me, the way she said it, the delivery, nothing. The end part was emotional for me. I'm just glad that the camera was on her and not me. That was totally unexpected. What she said at the end, that really set me back a bit.

"It's important to me for her banner to be up there and I want be sure that everyone sees it. I want anybody when they walk into that building to know what's possible at Connecticut."

Two legends, side by side. Big night in Storrs.

Lobo_b32ixrbi_pztaspgv.jpeg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Let's see, what is possible?

National championship

Undefeated season

National Player of the Year

Name on the Wall of Honor

Olympic Gold Medalist

WNBA marquee player

University trustee

Stellar broadcaster

Entertaining speaker

Naismith Hall of Fame

Icon

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Banner night for Lobo as UConn faces Cal

"The banner will be placed next to ones honoring Auriemma, who was inducted into the Naismith Hall in his first year of eligibility in 2006. Auriemma was Lobo's presenter at her induction ceremony in September, and she finished her speech by turning to Auriemma and telling him on the Springfield Symphony Hall stage, "I wouldn't be here without you."

"Her speech was amazing," Auriemma said. "Nothing she said surprised me, the way she said it, the delivery, nothing. The end part was emotional for me. I'm just glad that the camera was on her and not me. That was totally unexpected. What she said at the end, that really set me back a bit.

Just in case anyone missed this speech — or, on second thought, even if you saw it but it's been a while — it is worth watching again and again. Rebecca's speech is utter perfection, in every way.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Let's see, what is possible?

National championship

Undefeated season

National Player of the Year

Name on the Wall of Honor

Olympic Gold Medalist

WNBA marquee player

University trustee

Stellar broadcaster

Entertaining speaker

Naismith Hall of Fame

Icon

Maybe in the future, add coach :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just in case anyone missed this speech — or, on second thought, even if you saw it but it's been a while — it is worth watching again and again. Rebecca's speech is utter perfection, in every way.

I've heard a number of HOF speeches in different sports. No one exceeded Rebecca's articulation, conciseness, gratitude, and humor. Perfect season, perfect speech.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I hope they have room for the next 2 UConn HOF members (Bird and D)

Wouldn't it be cool if they both entered the HOF in the same year? :D Is it possible?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've heard a number of HOF speeches in different sports. No one exceeded Rebecca's articulation, conciseness, gratitude, and humor. Perfect season, perfect speech.
And pacing. She worked her thank yous in there seamlessly and without breaking the continuity of the speech. It was very well done.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"Her speech was amazing," Auriemma said. "Nothing she said surprised me, the way she said it, the delivery, nothing. The end part was emotional for me. I'm just glad that the camera was on her and not me. That was totally unexpected. What she said at the end, that really set me back a bit."'

I've listened 4-5 times and that end always gets me.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
This was a beautifully crafted and excellently delivered address. Lobo checked all the boxes, and did it with humor and affection. Brava!

Reaction Score
so glad to be able to be there. It's a looooonnnggg ride and it's the end of the week and I'm tired. But now I am really, really psyched!
You are one lucky dude! I'm happy for you and happy for me not being there; I really hate to cry in public. " The words and emotion: "I wouldn't be here without YOU!" Rebecca outside of basketball is an outstanding person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom