Knock Down 3 pt shooter | The Boneyard

Knock Down 3 pt shooter

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting to see that knock down 3 pt shooter get recruited and come to Uconn. We need it . Villanova had 5 last year.

To compete with the best you have to play like the best. Just give me a few 40% 3 pt guys and we'll have a chance against the big guys.

Reaction Score
It’s a huge hole that we’ve had for a long time.

Reaction Score
Yeah besides adding guard depth that we need we still have no 3 pt shooters or any post game. I hope DH has something up his sleeve for 2018 to improve our chances or otherwise we might have the same issues scoring with our team.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
That’s one of my goals for 2018, a lot more Dome personally and a few Rashad Anderson’s to sign with us

Reaction Score
Papa Johns, never fails to disappoint. Does UConn have it's own pizza? If so, how is it?
At risk of turning this into another pizza thread, but I've always found Papa Johns utterly repulsive and both times I've had it it's made me sick.

I'm not sure what you mean by "UConn's own pizza" but there are a handful of pizza places around campus. Sgt. Pep's, Husky Pizza, and College Pizza are all classic cheap drunkish pizza. Prefer Pep's to Husky but that's hotly debated, whereas College Pizza is trash. Ted's will deliver and they are more expensive but have some nice specialty pizzas, the BBQ Chicken Onion Ring pizza is a staple. Geno's restaurant serves something they call pizza but it's awful. Dining halls have pizza and they're different at each but mediocre at best in general. The union has a pizza station that is pretty bad, think Sbarro. Red Rock Cafe has pizza but I've never had it. As far as the best pizza around UConn, I'd say Willington Pizza and Pizza Mike's are the best, but neither deliver. Think that's it lol

Reaction Score
At risk of turning this into another pizza thread, but I've always found Papa Johns utterly repulsive and both times I've had it it's made me sick.

I'm not sure what you mean by "UConn's own pizza" but there are a handful of pizza places around campus. Sgt. Pep's, Husky Pizza, and College Pizza are all classic cheap drunkish pizza. Prefer Pep's to Husky but that's hotly debated, whereas College Pizza is trash. Ted's will deliver and they are more expensive but have some nice specialty pizzas, the BBQ Chicken Onion Ring pizza is a staple. Geno's restaurant serves something they call pizza but it's awful. Dining halls have pizza and they're different at each but mediocre at best in general. The union has a pizza station that is pretty bad, think Sbarro. Red Rock Cafe has pizza but I've never had it. As far as the best pizza around UConn, I'd say Willington Pizza and Pizza Mike's are the best, but neither deliver. Think that's it lol
If I'm ever on campus again I might have to make a full pizza tour of everything you outlined. I appreciate it haha.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looking at 2019, I’d say with four ships, our priorities are:

1. Shooting guard
2. Center
3. Wing
4. Point guard

I’m assuming Gilbert will be 100%. But there is room for 3 shooters there.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This has been a glaring need at UConn for years and to me, it would/should have been one of DH's priorities
You can't tell me there are no unsigned flat out shooters from the Midwest flatlands out there - every B12 and B10 team has 2 or 3

Reaction Score
I do expect better 3 point shooting from Vital, Jalen and Gilbert if Hurley can get them cleaner shots with a better offense, but this business of the summer miracle transformation... don’t count on it.

Reaction Score
I do expect better 3 point shooting from Vital, Jalen and Gilbert if Hurley can get them cleaner shots with a better offense, but this business of the summer miracle transformation... don’t count on it.
I think you and the board have it backwards .
The problem last year wasn’t the offense didn’y Get us open shots.
It was poor shooting limited what offense you could run,

Hurley believes that problem is fixable with harder work . I think he has the basic talent available.
Forgot Gilbert his output is gravy as of now.
Improvement in shooting of
Adams
Polley
Vital
Wilson

or even Whaley
Diarra
If they want to see the floor.
Allows him to run any offense he wants
Because the defense has to get stretched out to accommodate the shooters. Without a clogged middle entry passes to our five even are likely.
Basketball is all about space Even the the high pick and roll purpose is to create space for the shooter but picking against a packed D’s is difficult
Becsusev there is a always another guy there to pick up the shooter.
It’s not a chicken vs egg thing
You hav to establish your ability to shoot as primary.
My first lesson given me by one of the great Connecticut High School coach’s was my observation that a teams PG usually scored the first couple of baskets even though he seldom shot again. He told me “That was simply to let the other team know that you better guard me “
. Once you establish your ability to knock down shots you open the game up for a great player like JA.
Then the game becomes a thing of beauty.

Reaction Score
If I'm ever on campus again I might have to make a full pizza tour of everything you outlined. I appreciate it haha.
Get a slice at peps or a slice pie if you're with people. It's 10x better than the regular pizza there. Their buffaque wings are also really good

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
As far as the best pizza around UConn, I'd say Willington Pizza and Pizza Mike's are the best, but neither deliver. Think that's it lol
Back in the mid to late 80's my group would road trip just past the mall to Mama's Pizza. There was an open bounty on Mama and anyone that could get her in the car got Shotgun for Life. Granted kidnapping would shorten their shotgun opportunities. That pizza was always good.

Reaction Score
I think you and the board have it backwards .
The problem last year wasn’t the offense didn’y Get us open shots.
It was poor shooting limited what offense you could run,

Hurley believes that problem is fixable with harder work . I think he has the basic talent available.
Forgot Gilbert his output is gravy as of now.
Improvement in shooting of
Adams
Polley
Vital
Wilson

or even Whaley
Diarra
If they want to see the floor.
Allows him to run any offense he wants
Because the defense has to get stretched out to accommodate the shooters. Without a clogged middle entry passes to our five even are likely.
Basketball is all about space Even the the high pick and roll purpose is to create space for the shooter but picking against a packed D’s is difficult
Becsusev there is a always another guy there to pick up the shooter.
It’s not a chicken vs egg thing
You hav to establish your ability to shoot as primary.
My first lesson given me by one of the great Connecticut High School coach’s was my observation that a teams PG usually scored the first couple of baskets even though he seldom shot again. He told me “That was simply to let the other team know that you better guard me “
. Once you establish your ability to knock down shots you open the game up for a great player like JA.
Then the game becomes a thing of beauty.
Fixable with harder work? Maybe but we looked for improvement in shooting for 2 summers with Jalen and it didn't happen. Gilbert is not known as a great 3 point shooter. Vital I would have thought from freshman year would be better than he was. That's why I think we need to add a special shooter. Not easy I know.

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting to see that knock down 3 pt shooter get recruited and come to Uconn. We need it . Villanova had 5 last year.

To compete with the best you have to play like the best. Just give me a few 40% 3 pt guys and we'll have a chance against the big guys.

We had 2 last year right? Polley was 41.7% and Cobb was 50.0%. You should be able to build an amazing 3 pt shooting team around those numbers. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom