Knights in Gray Satin ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Knights in Gray Satin ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Why does Teddy Valentine still own a striped shirt? I thought they drummed him out of the business like 10 years ago.
  2. Officiating tone set early. After CV's 3, Dawkins takes a pass, and as he turns the corner, commits an obvious carry. Hurley makes a carry motion on the sideline and yells at the ref standing 15 feet away from him. No response.
  3. With Jalen sleepwalking and all the refs celebrating an early Valentine day, the first half bordered on unwatchable.
  4. Thankfully, different Adams in 2nd half, at least made the game competitive.
  5. Awful offensive interference call on Carlton at the 15 minute mark, but it was balanced out by a phantom goaltend late on UCF.
  6. Six minute mark, I really started to get the "we can win this" feeling.
  7. Dawkins late three deflated Hurley. And me, but I'm just an old guy watching at home. It was definitely the first time I ever saw Coach Hurley react that way. His shoulders dropped about 3 inches and his chin nearly touched his chest when that ball went through the net. He recovered right away, but it was a very unsettling sight for just a moment.
  8. Carlton's 5th foul was a bogus call from guess who.
  9. Despite being outsized across the front line, we held our own on the boards.
  10. Foul shots - 36 to 13.
  11. Carlton will take his lumps for his lack of fire on offense, but 11 boards, 2 blocks, 2 assists and a steal is a hell of a night against Fall, Brown and Smith.
  12. Foul shots - 36 to 13.
  13. I thought Terrance Myth did a credible job filling in for AG. His best minutes of the year, in my mind.
  14. CV should have shot more, especially early when he was the only one on the good guys side who could make a shot. Another good outing by him though.
  15. Foul shots - 36 to 13.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah but it’s the same movie over and over with this team against teams we are underdogs too. Last year too. Jalen plays crappy in first half, we scramble back in second half, make a late push and fall 5-8 points short. (See cincy, FSU, UCF) Or so it seems. Plus the foul discrepancy is wild. But I’ll break that down as follows:
50%: we re just not that good enough on D to cover D-1 Players (see Polley, Tarin, Carlton, Wilson, Cobb)
25%: our style of play- even tho we ve changed that a bit
25%: horrible reffing

Reaction Score
Re Smith, I didn't think he was anywhere near his best. He needs to make the 10-12 foot pull-ups to be effective, and he didn't. He did do a good job when given more ball handling responsibilities in the second half.

Let's mention that as well -- Jalen was doing almost all of the ball handling in the first half, and UCF was running two guys at him every time he touched the ball. Nice adjustment by Hurley running him off of more screens without the ball to get him open in the second half.

Reaction Score
  1. Why does Teddy Valentine still own a striped shirt? I thought they drummed him out of the business like 10 years ago.
  2. Officiating tone set early. After CV's 3, Dawkins takes a pass, and as he turns the corner, commits an obvious carry. Hurley makes a carry motion on the sideline and yells at the ref standing 15 feet away from him. No response.
  3. With Jalen sleepwalking and all the refs celebrating an early Valentine day, the first half bordered on unwatchable.
  5. Awful offensive interference call on Carlton at the 15 minute mark, but it was balanced out by a phantom goaltend late on UCF.
  7. Dawkins late three deflated Hurley. And me, but I'm just an old guy watching at home. It was definitely the first time I ever saw Coach Hurley react that way. His shoulders dropped about 3 inches and his chin nearly touched his chest when that ball went through the net. He recovered right away, but it was a very unsettling sight for just a moment.
  11. Carlton will take his lumps for his lack of fire on offense, but 11 boards, 2 blocks, 2 assists and a steal is a hell of a night against Fall, Brown and Smith.
  13. I thought Terrance Myth did a credible job filling in for AG. His best minutes of the year, in my mind.
  14. CV should have shot more, especially early when he was the only one on the good guys side who could make a shot. Another good outing by him though.
There a reason it was 36-13 and we can't keep blaming the refs game after game. If you have a big man, center ,or forward driving or getting the ball in point blank range and we foul them, that could explain it. We don't know how to defend one and we don't have the bodies to do it, 2. Our offense many times is a drive by guard and a wild chuck which does not get a call.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The Dawkins shot was a dagger. Hurley knew it. I knew it. I think he was most discouraged not that it went in, but that he was left THAT open. Inexcusable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom