OT: Knicks - Celtics | The Boneyard

OT: Knicks - Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Good game last night. You could tell both teams wanted to win even though it was a pre-season game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Good turnout, too. Wasn't it great to see all those NBA'ers running up and down the Husky logo?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Yeah, would have been cooler if Ray had stuck around.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Btw, have you watched Copper yet?

Reaction Score
Btw, have you watched Copper yet?

I've recorded all of them, but have only caught parts of them. Am impressed with what I've seen. What do you think?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I've recorded all of them, but have only caught parts of them. Am impressed with what I've seen. What do you think?

I like it a lot. Very detailed and well written.

Reaction Score
Good game last night. You could tell both teams wanted to win even though it was a pre-season game.

I agree it was entertaining, not sure that playing virtually all NBADL players at the end of the a close game signifies "wanting to win" though... Think they were being good sports and putting on an extra bit of show for the Hartford crowd.

Like the look of rondo this year, and Sullinger and Green too... Knicks look like they'll be better but this Jason Kidd is about ten years too late to be the answer to their guard issues and that euro guard does not look very good at all. If they can find some guard play they could contend for 2nd round playoffs

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I agree it was entertaining, not sure that playing virtually all NBADL players at the end of the a close game signifies "wanting to win" though... Think they were being good sports and putting on an extra bit of show for the Hartford crowd.

Like the look of rondo this year, and Sullinger and Green too... Knicks look like they'll be better but this Jason Kidd is about ten years too late to be the answer to their guard issues and that euro guard does not look very good at all. If they can find some guard play they could contend for 2nd round playoffs

Knicks will be good at the 1 and 2. Kidd and Prigioni (who was the starting PG for Argentina in the Olympics) are the 2nd and 3rd string PGs and I'm more than comfortable with those two veterans going up against the bench of other teams.

That's interesting that you think we have guard issues. Felton racked up 7 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds in 22 minutes. All three PGs looked really comfortable running the pick and roll with Chandler and will be even more dangerous when STAT returns. If anything, the Celtic starters couldn't stop the pick and roll or even the easy alley oops from Felton to Chandler.

The NBA has returned Gents!

Reaction Score
I think it's great for basketball when the Knicks are good, and they do look better. But preseason win isn't a sign of anything. Celtics will handle the Knicks fairly easily when it matters.

And on the guards I'm just not sure how Knicks can feel comfortable with who they have at the 1 and 2. J Kidd, Prig, and Felton ? mmmm leaves a lot to be desired. They'll have to find some people to knock down some shots

H

Husk-E

The Celtics have generally looked pretty laid back their past couple of games. The Celtics will be good when they actually decide to turn it on in the regular season with the talent they have. Also, if basketball is better when the Knicks are good, then basketball's gonna have some waiting to do.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I think it's great for basketball when the Knicks are good, and they do look better. But preseason win isn't a sign of anything. Celtics will handle the Knicks fairly easily when it matters.

And on the guards I'm just not sure how Knicks can feel comfortable with who they have at the 1 and 2. J Kidd, Prig, and Felton ? mmmm leaves a lot to be desired. They'll have to find some people to knock down some shots

Felton at the 1 and Ronnie Brewer to compliment him. Felton is an offensive attacking PG and Brewer is a top notch perimeter defender. Brewer is a stop gap until Iman Shumpert returns from injury. The second unit with JKidd at the 1 and JR Smith at the 2. JR is instant offense and JKidd is pretty much a role player at this stage and is looking to set his teammates up and knock down the open 3. He's 3rd all time behind Reggie and Ray so I wouldn't leave him open.

Woodson has a plethora of combinations to work with and the front court might be the deepest I've ever seen.

Melo - Novak - Brewer
STAT - Kurt Thomas - Copeland
Chandler - Marcus Camby - Rasheed Wallace

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The Celtics have generally looked pretty laid back their past couple of games. The Celtics will be good when they actually decide to turn it on in the regular season with the talent they have. Also, if basketball is better when the Knicks are good, then basketball's gonna have some waiting to do.

Whoever wins the Atlantic will be the second best team in the east IMO.

H

Husk-E

I think that there are plenty of teams in other divisions that are just as good if not better than the Knicks and Celtics. Indiana, Chicago, Atlanta are the teams that really jump out at me as having a clear advantage over the Knicks, other than the Heat which is obvious.

Reaction Score
Felton at the 1 and Ronnie Brewer to compliment him. Felton is an offensive attacking PG and Brewer is a top notch perimeter defender. Brewer is a stop gap until Iman Shumpert returns from injury. The second unit with JKidd at the 1 and JR Smith at the 2. JR is instant offense and JKidd is pretty much a role player at this stage and is looking to set his teammates up and knock down the open 3. He's 3rd all time behind Reggie and Ray so I wouldn't leave him open.

Woodson has a plethora of combinations to work with and the front court might be the deepest I've ever seen.

Melo - Novak - Brewer
STAT - Kurt Thomas - Copeland
Chandler - Marcus Camby - Rasheed Wallace

Deep, but ancient and often injured.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I think that there are plenty of teams in other divisions that are just as good if not better than the Knicks and Celtics. Indiana, Chicago, Atlanta are the teams that really jump out at me as having a clear advantage over the Knicks, other than the Heat which is obvious.

Can you name me Chicago's starting 5 and why you think they have a clear advantage over the Knicks? I'm not worried about Indiana as we were a quarter away from sweeping the season series with them a year ago. As deep as the division is, I wouldn't be surprised if 4 teams make it in the top 6.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Deep, but ancient and often injured.

We won't need big minutes from those guys, just healthy enough to spell the starters for about 10 minutes a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69