KML QUESTION | The Boneyard

KML QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK FELLOW HUSKY FANS - ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION - NEXT SEASON (HER SOPHOMORE) WILL KML BE A STARTER? OF COURSE THE ANSWER IS A RESOUNDING YES!! BASED ON HER PERFORMANCE AGAUNST BAYLOR, I SAY BENCH DOTY & PUT KML INTO THE STARTING LINE-UP IMMEDIATELY!!! GET KALEENA ACCLAMATED TO BEING A STARTER NOW. THE STARTING LINE-UP SHOULD BE - BRIA, TIFF, KML, KELLY & STEF.
IN ADDITION, BREANNA BANKS SHOULD BE THE #3 GUARD COMING OFF THE BENCH TO REST BRIA OR TIFF. HER UPSIDE POTENTIAL IS VERY, VERY HIGH. I WOULD GIVE HER THE MINUTES DOTY WAS RECEIVING IN ORDER TO ENHANCE HER SKILLS. DOTY IS THE PAST - BANKS IS THE FUTURE.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A couple of thoughts. Team chemistry is very important and starting a freshman well could weaken the chemistry. No matter how good a freshman is those before her provide the necessary chemistry to make the team run efficecently. Those before her have earned their playtime and starting roles. Yes Diana and Maya and KML should've started because they are that good but they don't because they haven't earned it. Starting is a previlage you earn as is playtime. KML has earned pt. And plays alot of it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Once again, Geno has said he doesn't want Caroline to sit after warm ups as it is detrimental to her knee to do so. Besides, the kid has spent 4 years in the program and Geno is notoriously loyal to his upperclassmen.

Where's the dead horse button on this site?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
gallery4590307d2ad98.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Once again, Geno has said he doesn't want Caroline to sit after warm ups as it is detrimental to her knee to do so. Besides, the kid has spent 4 years in the program and Geno is notoriously loyal to his upperclassmen.

Where's the dead horse button on this site?

That is the key issue. They have to be very careful with Caroline's knees. Geno, CD, Shea, and Rosemary, were all involved with theprogram during Shea's senior season. I trust that they are doing the right thing by Caroline.

The reality is that this team has six starters. I wasn't sure how that was going to work, but Geno figured it out. That's why he gets paid seven figures to coach WBB and I don't.

Reaction Score
Does anyone Diana's or Maya's stats as a freshman? There has been some games where this year's team has started off strong offensively, but most games it seems like they are starting off slow. Can we continue to risk starting off slow? I recognize the loyalty Geno has toward Kelly and Caroline, but I think KML needs to start so that the team can have a chance to start strong. Bria and KML are the leading scores for this team, and I think the team would benefit greatly from KML starting. I understand Caroline's situation....so maybe Kelly can come off the bench and provide the spark that KML currently brings. Right now, I think we have three players (SD, CD, and KF) that have consistently been great on defense (for the most part), but have been inconsistent on the offensive end. Can we really continue to afford that?

Reaction Score
Tiff still gets lost in big games on the road and sometimes at home.........She is better than last season, but swhe is a senior and this team needs her spark driving the hoop.......

Reaction Score
Well, I don't think starting KML is a major change. Like some have pointed out, she's already playing starter minutes. I just suggested the possible starting lineup change to fuel the offensive, especially at the start of the game. There are other players such as Kelly, Tiffany, or Brianna, who can provide that spark coming off the bench. I know "defense" wins game, and we have seen that that this season as others, but in my opinion, I think it wouldn't hurt the team to insert a player who has shown she can consistently contribute on the offensive side. Geno's obviously knows what he is doing...this is just my suggestion.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tiff still gets lost in big games on the road and sometimes at home.........She is better than last season, but swhe is a senior and this team needs her spark driving the hoop.......

Tiff is 3rd on the team in scoring (14.0 ppg), 1st in assists (4.0 apg), 1st in rebounds (6.1 rpg), 2nd in steals (2.4 spg), and has a team high 2.5 Assist/Turnover ratio. She's doing just fine, thanks.

Tiff game by game:

Holy Cross 16 pts, 8 reb, 4 asst
Pacific ......11 pts, 0 reb, 1 asst
Stanford ....9 pts, 13 reb, 6 asst
FDU ..........9 pts, 7 reb, 3 asst
Buffalo .....30 pts, 11 reb, 1 asst
Dayton .....10 pts, 2 reb, 3 asst
Towson .....16 pts, 3 reb, 4 asst
Texas A&M 14 pts, 3 reb, 7 asst
Seton Hall .15 pts, 9 reb, 6 asst
Baylor ......10 pts, 5 reb, 5 asst

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
KML will start and take Tiff's place in the starting lineup.

Caroline will start with either Moriah or Brianna coming off the bench. The question is who will be the first off the bench.

Frank

Roundabout
Reaction Score
Desset Dog,

Could not agree with you more. Other posters have mentioned Team Chemistry....ummm did you see what happen after Doty came out after the first seven minutes, there was total team Chemistry with KLM and Heather. Team Chemistry is Broken with Doty in big games. Let's really call it was it is....2010 Final Four All over again. Final Four 2010, Stanford, Baylor (Exclude TAM) Doty is not bringing it. Doty plays because she is a fan / coach favorite. The starting line up should be Steff, KLM, Ferris, Hartly, and IMHO Heather (How quickly we have forgotten Lobo\Walters). But also I could see Hayes instead of Heather if speed is needed. As for Heather not being an offensive force? Well, put her in with Stephanie and I am can see Steph going on a scoring spree. Really TWO 6' 5" players to stop over one 6'8" - would be pretty tough to stop. Just don't see Doty causing that much fear or adding offensive cohesion in big games. Hartly is the floor general, but when Doty is in there is hierarchical confusion. We need Banks to be ready for the tournament and Hartly Running it. Doty is inspirational and a great person, but I see pride and politics overriding playing the best players.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A big question is Breanna Loriann and Morgan and how they fit in .. They can all put up big points. Breanna is as special as Diana. It will be interesting.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A big question is Breanna Loriann and Morgan and how they fit in .. They can all put up big points. Breanna is as special as Diana. It will be interesting.
Who is Loriann?

Reaction Score
There were a lot of interesting points made in this discussion. I am glad it is still early in the season. I'm sure the best solutions will be made by the time March rolls around.

Reaction Score
Why the need for change after a game.One game changes what?
The other team did their job and did well in changing the way Uconn was use to playing. Even KML slowed down after the half..Not everyone got open looks, or open lanes ...Baylor's 2 best got what they usually do...Uconn didn't slow them down as much as needed...

But hey.. if only 2 more threes were made.. a whole different story.....

Frank

Roundabout
Reaction Score
Great point, but the change should have been made several games ago (Stanford). This game showed the fault of not making the change then. Playing Charleston or Fairfield is not going to show anything except how Geno will say we have a lot to work on and Doty will probably play great. However, beating Charleston will not get you a Championship. Two more threes only shows we win this time. Is the strategy to get lucky with a win using the players you have a bias towards or to play your best players to increase the odds of winning. Personally, I hope I am very wrong, Doty comes to the table against Notre Dame, Big East, and the Championship run. However, if the trend continues, who do you turn to when you have not provided in season playing time for the players playing better? Why not give the Stef / Heather Combo a try for a half. Are you saying he is only going to play Brianna OR Dolson next year? You are going to see Walters and Lobo scenario next year for sure. Again, if Doty is playing out of loyalty fine, but say it so we all stop questioning the actions as though they are tactical and not intentional.

Reaction Score
no need to change the starters. KML gets to see the game flow and CD gets to keep mobile. To me the problem with the Baylor game was that we were up 9 and jacking like we were down 9. We need to run the offense through more than one option.

Frank

Roundabout
Reaction Score
Said well about the flow of the game at the end. However, do you remember we had to dig ourselves out of a hole in the first half by sitting Doty (and Dolsen), not playing Doty. If we started KML and Healther we may have been playing from the front and have a much more comfortable margin at the end.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ohh eeeM Geee.

We absolutely have change the starters. What happens if we come up against a really good team in the future? Then what? I mean what if we play a team ranked higher than #1? What to do, what to do?

If we don't change the starters immediately, then when we come up against this "superteam" we may not even be ahead by 11 half way through the 2nd half.

:rolleyes:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Ohh eeeM Geee.

We absolutely have change the starters. What happens if we come up against a really good team in the future? Then what? I mean what if we play a team ranked higher than #1? What to do, what to do?

If we don't change the starters immediately, then when we come up against this "superteam" we may not even be ahead by 11 half way through the 2nd half.

:rolleyes:
It IS the end of the world. I'm agreeing with meyers7!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member