KML participating in Shooting Drills | The Boneyard

KML participating in Shooting Drills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rich Elliott
‏@elliottctpost
.@kaleena_23 (mono) on the court right now taking part in a shooting drill with #UConn post players. #bleedblue
Reply Retweet Favorite More
11:14 AM - 27 Feb 2014

Reaction Score
That's good news. We will need her going forward to a NC.

HGN

Reaction Score
TWO THUMBS UP !!! Good sign that she's feeling better and probably got a good doctor's report. May see her in Louisville.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I guess that "we'll have her checked out on Thursday" worked out pretty well. Man that's gotta be the fastest I've ever seen/heard of anyone coming back from mono.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As noted in other threads, there are many different levels of mono severity, and even of the strains of virus that can cause it. KLM seems to have lucked out, though medical staffs will always go toward the side of caution when the disease is present.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
clouds-parting-m_ashx_.jpg

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And you know this is going to throw all the "ND are the favorites" proselytizers into a funk as they try to dream up another set of reasons why the Irish are more impressive. They can't use the "Leprechauns are cuter than Huskies" angle because Jonathan 14 completely blew it away in that other SNY video.

Speaking of which, looks like Stewie has a boyfriend. Jonathan was giving her some wicked licks.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I guess that "we'll have her checked out on Thursday" worked out pretty well. Man that's gotta be the fastest I've ever seen/heard of anyone coming back from mono.

As I posted in an earlier thread on KML's diagnosis, former Duke player Mike Dunleavy was diagnosed with mono on or about Feb 20th of his freshman year (2000) and was feared lost for the season. He was actually sent home to recover. He missed Duke's final four regular season games but returned to play in the ACC tournament beginning on March 9 and the NCAA tournament.

Like with any illness, the severity can vary.

Reaction Score
As I posted in an earlier thread on KML's diagnosis, former Duke player Mike Dunleavy was diagnosed with mono on or about Feb 20th of his freshman year (2000) and was feared lost for the season. He was actually sent home to recover. He missed Duke's final four regular season games but returned to play in the ACC tournament beginning on March 9 and the NCAA tournament.

Like with any illness, the severity can vary.

Florida men's player Michael Frazier came back like 2 weeks after his first symptoms and a week after his diagnosis was announced.

It's actually normal to come back ranging from about 3-4 weeks based on the cases that came up when I did research.

News of player injuries on this board is treated rather oddly. There's always a segment of fans who want to declare a player lost for the year or a red shirt candidate even for an injury or illness that can be treated. The news on KML's elbow injury after the Stanford game was about as good a news as we could have possibly received considering how bad it looked and a couple of people still suggested we should red shirt her. Even though she was only going to be out a couple of games. Odd. The mono diagnosis was a set back and unfortunate but she was never lost for the year as a couple of people suggested. I am glad KML remained positive and let's hope she can ease herself back effectively!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kaleena says she's playing Saturday against Rutgers. Geno says he'll wait until she sees how she practices tomorrow before deciding. I'll bet she plays Saturday.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kaleena says she's playing Saturday against Rutgers. Geno says he'll wait until she sees how she practices tomorrow before deciding. I'll bet she plays Saturday.
She's gonna want to make up for a lot of lost time. As long as she's healthy, I wouldn't want to bet against her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Exactly how do Jeff and Muffett plan to defense a team that includes 5 All-Americans, including the best player, the best center, the best shooter, 1 of the 2 best shooting guards, and 1 of the 2 best point guards?

Reaction Score
Exactly how do Jeff and Muffett plan to defense a team that includes 5 All-Americans, including the best player, the best center, the best shooter, 1 of the 2 best shooting guards, and 1 of the 2 best point guards?
With Mosqueda-Lewis the starting five is pretty ridiculous.

Reaction Score

I agree that UConn is the best team in the country but ND is no slouch and the Huskies will have to play their "A" game. Remember ND also has 3 All Americans and 1 of the best freshman point guards in the country.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I wasn't referring to Stewie or Jonathan, but rather your description of the situation.
What's goofy about a woman going gaga over her beloved dog? If you've ever seen a group of women viewing the pictures of the available canines on the animal shelter sites in the search for a companion for a co-worker, you know it's one of the most emotionally fraught events you'll ever see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom