KML: how good, how soon? | The Boneyard

KML: how good, how soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
She is a pure scorer. We desperately need that. Not going to be a secret much longer. I wonder how long Geno will keep her on the bench to start games?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If you told me we'd have six point lead at the half with two points combined between Tiff, Kelly, Stef, and Caroline, I'd have thought you were crazy.

I love how KML is playing, and I hope she can keep it up, but we're going to need someone not named Bria or Kaleena to step up.

Really proud of how Kiah has held up, too, speaking of the frosh.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
If you told me we'd have six point lead at the half with two points combined between Tiff, Kelly, Stef, and Caroline, I'd have thought you were crazy.

I love how KML is playing, and I hope she can keep it up, but we're going to need someone not named Bria or Kaleena to step up.

Really proud of how Kiah has held up, too, speaking of the frosh.

+1 to all points

Must have been something to watch KML draining all those shots in person!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Really freaking good. Really freaking soon.

She was just showing off to Maya (Can we talk Maya into attending every game?)

Reaction Score
From what I've seen so far she shoots better than any former Husky I know about.
and she's no slouch on defense either.

Reaction Score
Her confidence level reminds me of D. What a beautiful shot she has.

Reaction Score
She is a pure scorer. We desperately need that. Not going to be a secret much longer. I wonder how long Geno will keep her on the bench to start games?
Correct, she has to start. Tthe team with the most points wins. Not starting her is like Larry Bird playing just half a game!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter who starts, what matters is minutes and who is on the floor at the end.

Reaction Score
Correct, she has to start. Tthe team with the most points wins. Not starting her is like Larry Bird playing just half a game!
If you strt KML, then TH or KF will have to sit, doubt that will happen.

Reaction Score
One of the amazing things is that a couple of days back, the team shot something like 72% How strange is that based on the bricks they were hurling tonight with the exception of KML????? These guys are too good not to shoot better than tonight as we go forward.

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter who starts, what matters is minutes and who is on the floor at the end.

Very true ! I could go on about the who starts thing but that can wait till another time. This was a very good and important team win and we should enjoy the women's effort. As well a word up on Tiff, she kept her head in the game when her shot was not falling and the bodes well for the whole season.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
She was just showing off to Maya (Can we talk Maya into attending every game?)
Not surprising but she is pretty broadcast ready.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Don't be fooled by her sweet face and kind eyes...she's a bball assassin! :)

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
It was a pleasure seeing KML putting on an offensive show while the old 23 sat and cheered her on. Thank God she came into the game and gave UConn the lift that they needed. KML and Bria were a great tandem out there tonight.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
650_ReleaseTheKraken.jpg

mediaManager

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
We shot 72 percent against Pacific by hitting high percentage layups and short shots. We needed more of those tonight, which we could have if we had run through our offense more...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
We shot 72 percent against Pacific by hitting high percentage layups and short shots. We needed more of those tonight, which we could have if we had run through our offense more...
Stanford is NOT Pacific

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see KML start soon. KF is the only option for her to replace, but sentiment aside, KF is a perfect sixth player, versatile in position, does a lot of different things, can defend multiple spits. Minutes are important, agreed, but you can get more minutes out of a starter.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
650_ReleaseTheKraken.jpg

mediaManager
[/qu

ote]

The Krakken is a pretty good analogy, but I think we have a two headed dragon here...KML and Bria Hartley what a duo....

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see KML start soon. KF is the only option for her to replace, but sentiment aside, KF is a perfect sixth player, versatile in position, does a lot of different things, can defend multiple spits. Minutes are important, agreed, but you can get more minutes out of a starter.
Kelly doesnt bring in the offensive firepower that Geno wants/need at the 1st timeout. In those 1st 4 minutes he wants to see who isnt playing well and if they are clicking he will only sub to get that starter a rest

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I made a solemn promise at the game to Her Monitorship, HuskyNan herself, that I would not launch a thread about why I think Kaleena should start. Nor will I repeat one of about ten days ago when I suggested that she must play 30+ minutes in competitive games.

I have been reminded -- and often -- by fellow 'Yarders that Geno doesn't like to start freshmen, so Kaleena won't start. After all, neither Diana nor Maya started right away as freshmen. And he was forced to start Stefanie and Bria last year but he probably didn't like to do it. And Tiffany and Caroline must start as co-captains. Kelly is such a great defender that she must start. And on and on and on.

So I will keep my oath, my pledge, my promise, my solemn vow to not even mention why I persist in my thinking that this freshman is ready to take the torch from Maya that was passed to her from Diana. Not a word about the player with the potential of being the quickest (as measured by games played and class standing) UConn wcbb to hang her jersey on the Gampel Wall. Nope. Not one word.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure about that. We all know Geno prefers to ease frosh into games no sooner than the 5 minute mark. Obviously Kaleena provides an instant spark and doesn't come out very often thereafter. Also looks like Geno is feeling pretty good and comfortable about inserting Kiah early and often.

Stanford posed a unique mismatch for Kelly, in that not only was she giving up 3-4 inches in height to Chiney, she was also defending an exceptional and motivated athlete. All said, check out the box score. Chiney scored 7 points, with 5 TOs and 4 fouls in 29 minutes. Nothing Kelly does is flashy, it's just damn effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom