KML Concussion ???????? | The Boneyard

KML Concussion ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I hope I am wrong -- but I will be surprised if Kaleena does not have a significant concussion
injury. The most vulnerable place for an athlete to be struck on his/her head is the side of the head just ahead of or behind the ears. It appears that is exactly where KML was hit -- either by the Purdue defender's forearm (as reported by the SNY announcers), or by the Purdue player's knee (which is what it looked like to me).

It is clear that the UConn Medical staff were very cautious and careful with Kaleena -- as they quickly took her to the locker room, and kept her there.

I expect Kaleena will miss at least a few days; and I will not be surprised if it is significantly longer.

All UConn fans should be saying some prayers for KML tonight.

Reaction Score
Looked like she got hit in the area of the brain stem...she needs to be kept under observation tonight and for the next few days...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
According to John A, UConn has announced that KML does have a concussion and the medical team will be monitoring her. Given the other facts reported, sounds like it is a mild one but a concussion nonetheless. The team will follow the protocols and we'll see if she's able to go on Wed.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
According to John A, UConn has announced that KML does have a concussion and the medical team will be monitoring her. Given the other facts reported, sounds like it is a mild one but a concussion nonetheless. The team will follow the protocols and we'll see if she's able to go on Wed.
Hope she can fly home with the team tomorrow. She can certainly afford to miss the Colgate game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hope she can fly home with the team tomorrow. She can certainly afford to miss the Colgate game.
Perhaps she wouldn't mind sticking around for a couple of days. It's not like they were playing in Detroit or anything. :)

And yes, I give UConn a slight but decisive edge over Colgate, even sans KML.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I am still being nurse maid to my folks or I would have jumped on this opportunity.

Reaction Score
Looked like she got hit in the area of the brain stem...she needs to be kept under observation tonight and for the next few days...
That was my impression as well, judging by where she was holding her neck and where Rosie was checking her out. The good news is she did not lose consciousness, so it is probably a mild to moderate concussion. I'm sure she is fine, but they should take it easy with her for a few days just in case. Head/neck injuries can have lasting effects, not always what you would expect as I know having just experienced my first holiday of a smell-less roasting turkey. Disappointing to say the least as the smell of roasting turkey and all the fixings is one of my favorite parts of hosting the holiday meal :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom