KLS is the nation's best and the ultimate team player | The Boneyard

KLS is the nation's best and the ultimate team player

Reaction Score
KLS is the ultimate team player. Very rare for a player of her stature nowadays. However. both UConn and Auriemma benefit greatly from this. She will be the focus of opponent's defense at the final four and that will open things up for the rest of the players as it did for Dangerfield. If she is not the main focus of opponent's defense then the ball should absolutely go to her often. BTW, next to KLS, Mabrey might be the player most under-appreciated nationally. She passes the ball too much (though she is a very good passer) and Ionescu looks to score too much (and she doesn't pass as well when she does). Ionescu forced way too many shots last night in her team's biggest game of the year. However, as stated before she is not an elite passer or playmaker. One teammate shot 8-12 and another shot better from 3pt than she did so there could have been help from the rest. This is a perfect example of how valuable and superior KLS is.

Reaction Score
KLS is the ultimate team player. Very rare for a player of her stature nowadays. However. both UConn and Auriemma benefit greatly from this. She will be the focus of opponent's defense at the final four and that will open things up for the rest of the players as it did for Dangerfield. If she is not the main focus of opponent's defense then the ball should absolutely go to her often. BTW, next to KLS, Mabrey might be the player most under-appreciated nationally. She passes the ball too much (though she is a very good passer) and Ionescu looks to score too much (and she doesn't pass as well when she does). Ionescu forced way too many shots last night in her team's biggest game of the year. However, as stated before she is not an elite passer or playmaker. One teammate shot 8-12 and another shot better from 3pt than she did so there could have been help from the rest. This is a perfect example of how valuable and superior KLS is.
I agree and will not argue Lou is the best;)

I believe that Ionescu is an elite passer and player. The stats support it but more importantly the eyes say it too. She hit some incredible shots last night. Did she press? Yes. Take some questionable shots? Absolutely. I think it was more out of inexperience and pressing, not out of selfishness nor inability.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
and yet some people complain that Lou does not take over a game and just pass too much. Btw the press and people love Lou, just look at the typical length and the # of views of Lou's post-game interview compared to other members of the team.

Reaction Score
Oregon was out gun last night from every position.
Ionescu was asked to do too much. Doomed was inevitable for Oregon.
From memory Diane and Shabazz Napier are the only two PG I know that can do that and win for their team.

Reaction Score
Watch "Katie Lou Samuelson 2017-2018 Regular Season Highlights" on YouTube. What's amazing about this highlight film is there are practically no 3s, thus highlighting other areas of her game. Then consider a top 3pt shooter and among the leaders in A/T ratio.

Reaction Score
From memory Diane and Shabazz Napier are the only two PG I know that can do that and win for their team.
And Kemba.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, what All-American teams still have to announce their players and when will the POY full list of winners be posted?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kemba.

Reaction Score
So, what All-American teams still have to announce their players and when will the POY full list of winners be posted?
The WBCA (coaches pick) is the last team to be announced. It’s a list of 10 players. Announcement coming tomorrow along with the 5 individual awards (best at each position. DPOY & NPOY will be announced Saturday for that as well.

Reaction Score
and yet some people complain that Lou does not take over a game and just pass too much. Btw the press and people love Lou, just look at the typical length and the # of views of Lou's post-game interview compared to other members of the team.
I am one of those that has complained about that not because I don't love and value her team first play and attitude. I just know there are minutes, periods and games where a team needs their best player to be in the midst of almost every play. I'm not talking about her taking every shot, as her passing is as good as her shooting. While we may win the next two games without this becoming necessary, I'd like to see her "take over" if needed in big moments. She has made huge strides in last two years in her defense and lately is showing a lot more aggressiveness rebounding.
Go Huskies!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Kemba.

Kemba did that too but he had Shabazz to support him so it doesn't count:) Shabazz's case was unique. He did everything to will his team to NC. Even Tommy Izzo was impressed.

Reaction Score
Some domer fans say she’s a flopper. How ridiculous, but they would know better than anyone!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kemba did that too but he had Shabazz to support him so it doesn't count:) Shabazz's case was unique. He did everything to will his team to NC. Even Tommy Izzo was impressed.
I’d argue that Shabazz had Boatright, though no one comparable to Lamb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom