KLS Expounds on 3x3, Upcoming Qualifying Tourney in Austria | The Boneyard

KLS Expounds on 3x3, Upcoming Qualifying Tourney in Austria

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Came across this piece on the USA Basketball site and, given the lull this week, thought it could merit reading due to two members of the team coming from UConn. This piece focuses on KLS.

Katie Lou Samuelson joins Stefanie Dolson, Allisha Gray and Kelsey Plum on the USA team that will have two training camps before participating in the FIBA 3x3 Olympic Qualifying Tournament on May 26-30 in Graz, Austria. The Americans need to finish in the top three in the 20-team field in order to punch their ticket to Tokyo.

Good luck to them in Austria!

If this team does qualify, would these four probably not be in contention for the USA full-court team?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
So, is the WNBA on hold for her until June? Or does she somehow try to squeeze that in too?

Two training camps - where? When? Does she come home for them and then bounce back to Austria? That`s exhausting.

Some pretty obvious questions, unfortunately the reporter didn`t think to raise them.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
This was first year, in awhile, that Lou didnt miss any games. Everyone else on the team, except Lenor Rodriguez, a combo guard, missed games for various injuries. I am not counting Bella Alaire who joined mid way. I have no idea how they hold up without a break. By the way, if anyone who needs a break its Tif. She got absolutely beat up this season. The refs call one foul a game against who is guarding her and then she's on her own.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Heck, even one UConn player merits reading. :D

Does this mean Pheesa is focusing on the 5 x 5 trials?
I thought she'd committed to the 3x3 some time ago, but then saw she was at a 5x5 training camp not too long ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom