Klepto Lou | The Boneyard

Klepto Lou

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I know we're going to miss seeing Ms. Samuelson on the court for a while, but before we forget about her while we inspect all the other components of this team, I think some appreciation should be offered for the 15 minutes that she did play against California. Despite going 0-4 on 3-point attempts, I think that was some of the best basketball she has played in a UConn uniform.

She was credited with 3 steals and 2 offensive rebounds, which isn't bad for 15 minutes of playing time. But her activity level on defense and on the offensive boards was something that I don't recall seeing before. If she had played a normal game, she could easily have had 6 or more steals and possibly a 10-rebound game. She is really learning to use her long arms as an asset. Right now, since her defensive reputation is not established, teams will forget how much trouble is required to make a pass when she is in the vicinity, and she will get a lot of tips and steals that way. Soon, however, they will figure out that they need to have an excellent ball handler working against her, which should (at a minimum) make it easier for Gabby / Kia / Azura to get tips and steals as they work against less experienced ball handlers.

I'm thinking that KLS may have a new meaning: Klepto Lou, Sabateur (of opposing offensive schemes).

Reaction Score
I know we're going to miss seeing Ms. Samuelson on the court for a while, but before we forget about her while we inspect all the other components of this team, I think some appreciation should be offered for the 15 minutes that she did play against California. Despite going 0-4 on 3-point attempts, I think that was some of the best basketball she has played in a UConn uniform.

She was credited with 3 steals and 2 offensive rebounds, which isn't bad for 15 minutes of playing time. But her activity level on defense and on the offensive boards was something that I don't recall seeing before. If she had played a normal game, she could easily have had 6 or more steals and possibly a 10-rebound game. She is really learning to use her long arms as an asset. Right now, since her defensive reputation is not established, teams will forget how much trouble is required to make a pass when she is in the vicinity, and she will get a lot of tips and steals that way. Soon, however, they will figure out that they need to have an excellent ball handler working against her, which should (at a minimum) make it easier for Gabby / Kia / Azura to get tips and steals as they work against less experienced ball handlers.

I'm thinking that KLS may have a new meaning: Klepto Lou, Sabateur (of opposing offensive schemes).
Completely agree JoePgh!!! I made similar comments in threads yesterday (can't remember which one) that Lou's game was "on fire" on Friday! She was all over the court on D, making steals, getting rebounds, and was a beast making cuts and posting up under the offensive board, making offensive rebounds and putting them back in. She had a great game. IMO she was on her way to 25+ points, with more steals and rebounds...showing her AA game and why she should be a candidate for NPOY. Hopefully she won't be out long and lose a shot at those kinds of post season honors... BUT, I'm sure the One Title she wants Most is "National Champion." Several others have posted that the offense is not as fluid with Lou out...perhaps that will smooth over with a few more games being played with the new starting 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom