KK NIL Deal | The Boneyard

KK NIL Deal

Reaction Score
This is so nice, KK we all love you.

“KK first came to our attention in January 2020 as a freshman in high school by sending a blind email to our general mail box asking for help with a history class project she was doing on the Black Fives Era,” said Claude Johnson, the organization’s founder. “The result was that her presentation was selected for the school district’s regional competition, and it was the best Black Fives school project I had ever seen,” Johnson says. “But I had no idea at the time that she also played basketball!” The project still ranks as the GOAT, he adds.

Reaction Score
While I have a less than zero interest or intention in calling anybody out (and definitely won't), I'll be interested to see (simply for myself) the people who express some type of positive reaction to this who at the same time have, in the past, had nothing but negative reactions to NIL deals for ubiquitous non-UConn players. Tell me who you are without me having to do any work.

That being said: nothing but the ultimate congratulations for KK! Very much deserved and I'm sure this will be one of a multitude for her throughout her UConn career. The future is extremely bright for this young lady.

Reaction Score
I love when the NIL money is linked to a student for something they do outside of athletics. I also like it when the athlete is rewarded for their accomplishments within a sport or related items such as jersey sales. Where I get heartburn as a former college athlete and father of a college athlete is when kids are getting paid millions before they set foot on the campus.

For athletes in the women's sports the money isn't usually higher than deserved. All athletes have restrictions on what they can do outside of sports to make money so this type of reward is very helpful. Maybe one day athletes will also get a slice of the TV money and other payments currently being swallowed up by the university and the NCAA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom