KK Arnold Is Hard To Guard | The Boneyard

KK Arnold Is Hard To Guard

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There was one thing that stood out about KK Arnold in the summer of 2021 while she was playing USA Basketball. You didn't have to know anything about basketball and you could even be sitting in the Bob Uecker seats (cheap seats for those that don't get the reference) to notice that Arnold is moving a a difference speed (faster) than everyone else on the court. Very Allen Iverson like in that regard.

Reaction Score
There was one thing that stood out about KK Arnold Arnold in the summer of 2021 while she was playing USA Basketball. You didn't have to know anything about basketball and you could even be sitting in the Bob Uecker seats (cheap seats for those that don't get the reference) to notice that Arnold is moving a a difference speed (faster) than everyone else on the court. Very Allen Iverson like in that regard.
Yes she's quick and sees everything, pure PG. It will be interesting to see how she adjusts when there's not a wide open floor and there are college level bigs on defense. Her passing should be fine but I hope she keeps working on her mid range J coming off the high screens. That's where the bulk of her scoring will come from.

Reaction Score
One thing I can’t figure is her height. She’s listed as 5’6” in some places, 5’9” in others. She occasionally jumps the opening tip off for her team. Whatever her height, this is a formidable young woman.

Reaction Score
Yes she's quick and sees everything, pure PG. It will be interesting to see how she adjusts when there's not a wide open floor and there are college level bigs on defense. Her passing should be fine but I hope she keeps working on her mid range J coming off the high screens. That's where the bulk of her scoring will come from.
the opponent with the number one jersey who was guarding KK in the video was simply not capable of keeping Arnold in front of her.........I assume most other guards won't be able to either....

Reaction Score
One thing I can’t figure is her height. She’s listed as 5’6” in some places, 5’9” in others…
I think KK is closer to 5’9”, perhaps 5’10”. Appeared same size as Geno in their pic together. Can’t seem to find off-hand or would post link. I think Ashlynn Shade is same height, btw.

Any concern that our next UConn backcourt will both be sub-6’? Love each player but can’t coach height. Neither small by any stretch, of course. Guess just splitting hairs here, literally.

Reaction Score
the opponent with the number one jersey who was guarding KK Arnold in the video was simply not capable of keeping Arnold in front of her.........I assume most other guards won't be able to either....
I agree, she's plenty shifty enough. She'll just need to continue to work on and improve her decision making for when the gaps aren't as big and help defenders know how to step up and challenge her penetration. In UConn's offense she won't have as much freedom to isolate and improvise as she has now but I think she's got the skills and mind to make the adjustments.

Reaction Score
I think KK Arnold is closer to 5’9”, perhaps 5’10”. Appeared same size as Geno in their pic together. Can’t seem to find off-hand or would post link. I think Ashlynn Shade is same height, btw.

Any concern that our next UConn backcourt will both be sub-6’? Love each player but can’t coach height. Neither small by any stretch, of course. Guess just splitting hairs here, literally.
Not really, I'll take the talent. They're the same size as Miles at ND and Pao Pao at Oregon and they're plenty good. A lot of 6 foot guards aren't that good.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There was one thing that stood out about KK Arnold Arnold in the summer of 2021 while she was playing USA Basketball. You didn't have to know anything about basketball and you could even be sitting in the Bob Uecker seats (cheap seats for those that don't get the reference) to notice that Arnold is moving a a difference speed (faster) than everyone else on the court. Very Allen Iverson like in that regard.
Not to hijack the thread, but your Bob Uecker reference brought back memories. I remember him when he was a young unknown back up catcher (to Del Crandall) with the old Milwaukee Braves. Way before his Millerlite beer commercials made him an lovable icon.

Reaction Score
Not really, I'll take the talent. They're the same size as Miles at ND and Pao Pao at Oregon and they're plenty good. A lot of 6 foot guards aren't that good.
ESPN has her at 5'6"...........I think she might have grown a bit but 5'9" - 5'10" might be a bit of a "stretch"

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I like Miles in spite of her being a domer.

Reaction Score
the opponent with the number one jersey who was guarding KK Arnold in the video was simply not capable of keeping Arnold in front of her.........I assume most other guards won't be able to either....
There's another video, maybe for Courtside too, in which she blows past Jada Williams several times in a row. It may not be fair to judge Williams on that moment too harshly, maybe was just a bad day for her. But it really showcased KK's skills and speed against comparable talent.

Reaction Score
I think Miles is a bit taller -- at least it looked that way when she played against Paige last year and they seemed roughly the same height..

Reaction Score
I see KK as a traditional, penetrating point guard and I like that. I don't see her as as much of a scorer as she would be a facilitator. You could make a case where she's Nika with better "O".

And I sure hope brings Sahara Williams with her. I love her poise and ability to slow down the game. She makes great decisions and has solid tools.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think KK Arnold is closer to 5’9”, perhaps 5’10”. Appeared same size as Geno in their pic together. Can’t seem to find off-hand or would post link. I think Ashlynn Shade is same height, btw.
I had expressed some concerns about KK's size with the specific concern being the ability for the defense to get clean looks from the top because of her lack of height size. I specifically mentioned this being an issue with Crystal Dangerfield. At that time I also though there were bigger/better UCONN POI that were lead guards available namely (Kiki Rice, Mikaylah Williams, Olivia Olson). It doesn't matter now because KK has accepted the challenge of being UCONN's PG of the future- she will be outstanding for UCONN!

Reaction Score
I think KK and Shade will be awesome guards. They bring a lot of physicality to the point. KK reminds me of Rory Harmon only stronger, and Shade is just pure confidence on the floor. That’s infectious.

Reaction Score
KK also seems to have a gregarious, infectious personality, which is conducive to strong team culture & on-court chemistry— esp as a PG. Not unlike Paige in this regard.

P.S.— BY mods seem to have installed auto-full name insert when posters type “K.K.”, which is why a bunch of posts end up reading “KK Arnold”. Just FYI to keep in mind in future.

Reaction Score
KK Arnold also seems to have a gregarious, infectious personality, which is conducive to strong team culture & on-court chemistry— esp as a PG. Not unlike Paige in this regard.

P.S.— BY mods seem to have installed auto-full name insert when posters type “K.K.”, which is why a bunch of posts end up reading “KK Arnold Arnold”. Just FYI to keep in mind in future.
Ah, thank you! I couldn’t delete the 2nd Arnold. I tried 5 times. Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom