KK and Paige on Basketball | The Boneyard

KK and Paige on Basketball

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Is KK anywhere near as good as Rice? KK is very good.

Reaction Score
JMO, they're fairly equal. Average shooters, good passers. Both can penetrate but I like Arnold more at this. She can make her move, beat the D and either pass quickly or go all the way. No wasted time. Rice tends to come off high screens, drift and weave a little instead of getting into the guts of the D fast. And in those 3-4 seconds can miss 1 or 2 cutters. Defensively, Rice is really quick, straight and laterally. She could potentially be a shutdown type defender and is a couple inches bigger. Arnold is smaller but has very quick hands. Both should be very good once they adjust to the speed of the college game.

Reaction Score
KK is somewhere near as good. Rice is a formidable talent, perhaps not as quick as KK, but has a full range of offensive and defensive skills. It's hard not to be impressed by her game.

I can hardly wait to see what KK brings to UConn next year. She has a formidable crossover, blows past defenders and finishes really well. She says her midrange jumper needs work, but it looks pretty good to me. And she is a fierce defender.

KCD

Reaction Score
JMO, they're fairly equal. Average shooters, good passers. Both can penetrate but I like Arnold more at this. She can make her move, beat the D and either pass quickly or go all the way. No wasted time. Rice tends to come off high screens, drift and weave a little instead of getting into the guts of the D fast. And in those 3-4 seconds can miss 1 or 2 cutters. Defensively, Rice is really quick, straight and laterally. She could potentially be a shutdown type defender and is a couple inches bigger. Arnold is smaller but has very quick hands. Both should be very good once they adjust to the speed of the college game.
Bobby J, I agree with your summary. I wanted to add a couple of thoughts. I agree that Kiki Rice has a lot of potential, but I was not impressed at all by her play with USA basketball this summer. Her drives to the basket were good, but her ball handling was very poor and her decision making was not great (which you indicated with the slow decisions). She seemed like more of a wing player than a point guard to me. I've watched of lot of full game tape of KK Arnold (both HS and AAU) and she is a pure point guard. Her decision making is excellent, her ball handling is excellent, she makes very good passes, finds open players, and is very unselfish. KK Arnold never seems to get sped up.

Long, long time UConn women's bball fan, been following the boneyard for a few years, but just joined.

Reaction Score
LOL. Am I missing something here? Isn't that the whole point of working really hard on defense? :)

There is a great deal of satisfaction in and of itself to ending an opponent's possession without a score. Or returning a well-played shot in a racket game. You seem to think like I imagine Bueckers thinks. ;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is a great deal of satisfaction in and of itself to ending an opponent's possession without a score. Or returning a well-played shot in a racket game. You seem to think like I imagine Bueckers thinks. ;)
Seeing as the point of the game is to score, which requires that you be on offense, I’d imagine it’s the way basketball players think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom