Kinda OT: Melissa and Doug Toys | The Boneyard

Kinda OT: Melissa and Doug Toys

Reaction Score
Ok who went to UConn with Doug Bernstein? They just did a special on these 2 and their story of their high selling educational toys. The most important piece of the story was in their 38,000 square feet of mansion somewhere in CT they showed Doug in his full court basketball court with his kids. The UConn Huskies were on each end and huge leading me to look him up. He is a UConn grad. Of course the bowling alley was pretty cool too, this Husky grad did ok huh?

Reaction Score
Really? Wow, my kids have a ton of Melissa and Doug stuff. Had no idea Doug was a UConn guy.

Maybe some of the ridiculous amount of money spent on these toys finds its way back to the school in donations.

At least I can tell myself that.

Reaction Score
Really? Wow, my kids have a ton of Melissa and Doug stuff. Had no idea Doug was a UConn guy.

Maybe some of the ridiculous amount of money spent on these toys finds its way back to the school in donations.

At least I can tell myself that.
The game room in the Union on campus is named after them which I presume came with a nice donation.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok who went to UConn with Doug Bernstein? They just did a special on these 2 and their story of their high selling educational toys. The most important piece of the story was in their 38,000 square feet of mansion somewhere in CT they showed Doug in his full court basketball court with his kids. The UConn Huskies were on each end and huge leading me to look him up. He is a UConn grad. Of course the bowling alley was pretty cool too, this Husky grad did ok huh?
Good stuff. Got back from my run and Mrs. 8893 was watching it, and she told me about the 38,000 square feet and the Husky court.

I came in after that, but I'm kinda thinking the most important piece was Melissa addressing her mental health issues...

Reaction Score
I’m surprised that there are no Duke logos on the court since Melissa is a Duke grad. The UConn/Duke connection would make for a great news story if the two schools ever meet again in a Final Four matchup.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Living in Fairfield, I'd sometimes take the back roads to work when I didn't want to deal with the Merritt or I95 and would drive by their property. You can't really see the house bc it's surrounded by a wall but it's truly a compound if you Google it. If I remember correctly they adopted several kids and from what I've heard they're very nice people and incredibly charitable.

Reaction Score
Good stuff. Got back from my run and Mrs. 8893 was watching it, and she told me about the 38,000 square feet and the Husky court.

I came in after that, but I'm kinda thinking the most important piece was Melissa addressing her mental health issues...

Obviously I was leaning as a Husky fan to the "most important piece" but no doubt a very educational piece about Melissa and her struggles. Also how the design is to assist in that aspect for all of kids but certainly directed at what she feels would help indulge those at a young age with potentially similar demons. Good stuff no doubt.

But the Husky court was really sweet sorry! LOL

Reaction Score
see Learning Lessons at Play - UConn Today

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have no idea who these people are. Too lazy to even Google it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Have no idea who these people are. Too lazy to even Google it.
That surprises me. We probably have a few hundred dollars worth of their products. Very good quality toys for kids of all ages.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Googled. I’ve seen that stuff, was just never aware of the brand. So we probably had some.
That surprises me. We probably have a few hundred dollars worth of their products. Very good quality toys for kids of all ages

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
A well known banned poster was one of their first employees.

By all accounts, lovely folks.
This is fake news. Well some of this post is true and some of it isn’t.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom