Kind of OT: Tulsa against Minnesota | The Boneyard

Kind of OT: Tulsa against Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wanting to see the PHX against Tulsa I figured to make a weekend out of it and see as well the Tulsa against Minnesota and see Maya in action as well as to see how Diggins does. Had a great seat and it's kind of interesting how much faster and more physical the game looks from close. Cambage didn't play (had a boot on her right foot).
Few observations:
a. Maya was ok but her shot was not falling for her.
b. There is some good basketball communication between the Linx players and they were clearly a better team than Tulsa
c. The arena was empty (it looked to me that there were only 1-2,000 spectators in the arena.
d. While Diggins got the biggest ovation, it seems she struggles with the pro game. For some reason she is not looking for her shot as all and isn't the ball hawk on defence she was in college. Actually, she didn't play that much and her coach preferred to utilize A. Goodrich in the final minutes of the game.
e. I was impressed by R. Willams who is much shorter than her 5'11 program height but got a strong build and is a good one on one player (kind of reminds me of E. Prince)
f. Another player who was very good in this game was Glory Johnson who was very very aggressive and scored well under the basket.
g. If was kind of funny for me that whenever Maya did something wrong the people in front of me were screaming at her: This is not UConn :)
Hope for a good game on Sunday between PHX and Tulsa with a great game from DT!

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Diggins continues to struggle... 1 for 6, 2 pts., 1 assist in 21 minutes.... her and Wiggins (who looked great tonight) can't seem to both play well in the same game. This could be a long year for Tulsa.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
e. I was impressed by R. Willams who is much shorter than her 5'11 program height but got a strong build and is a good one on one player (kind of reminds me of E. Prince) !

Thats surprising that she is listed at 5'11. She was listed at 5'7 in college.. saw her a few times in person.. and the 5'7 seems about right.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Diggins continues to struggle... 1 for 6, 2 pts., 1 assist in 21 minutes.... her and Wiggins (who looked great tonight) can't seem to both play well in the same game. This could be a long year for Tulsa.
When do her stats reflect her WNBA ability and not a rookie struggle?

28% fg 18% 3pt.

Reaction Score
When do her stats reflect her WNBA ability and not a rookie struggle?

28% fg 18% 3pt.

It's taken other point guards into their third season to put up efficient shooting like Lindsey Harding for example, but certainly judgment should be withheld to at least the end of her first season. And the transition from stepping up a level is always most difficult at point guard and she's also playing in one of the two worst situations in the WNBA. All we have to do is look at Diggins freshman year at Notre Dame. Who predicted after that year that she would become the UConn slayer?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's taken other point guards into their third season to put up efficient shooting like Lindsey Harding for example, but certainly judgment should be withheld to at least the end of her first season. And the transition from stepping up a level is always most difficult at point guard and she's also playing in one of the two worst situations in the WNBA. All we have to do is look at Diggins freshman year at Notre Dame. Who predicted after that year that she would become the UConn slayer?
She had a very good game today against Phoenix.

She'll figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro