kind of OT- Napier included in the media against uconn conspiracy theory | The Boneyard

kind of OT- Napier included in the media against uconn conspiracy theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Amazing gaff.

Reaction Score
Where I didn't catch it

it's in the video at the top of the page. What a bunch of clowns, such an obvious mistake.....

Reaction Score
Where I didn't catch it

Can't make this crap up...

image.jpg

D

Deleted member 3149

Bad publicity for us? No......... Can't be........

K

Kemballin'

Did they change it? I just watched it twice and couldn't find that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's Fox News level tactics. Like how when a GOP politician get arrested they put a "D" next to their name. Always an "honest" mistake.

Reaction Score
Bazz may not make money in a Timberwolves suit this year but he may some in a lawsuit.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
These are not 'mistakes' - Bristol knows exactly what it's doing.

And it's been going on for about a decade now...

Reaction Score
These are not 'mistakes' - Bristol knows exactly what it's doing.

And it's been going on for about a decade now...

what does ESPN gain for a weakened UConn? Serious question - I've heard this said before and I've seen some damning evidence that they are trying to drag UConn through the mud, but what do they get out of it?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
what does ESPN gain for a weakened UConn? Serious question - I've heard this said before and I've seen some damning evidence that they are trying to drag UConn through the mud, but what do they get out of it?
This: ESPN is still the major player in college sports but their peak of dominance has passed them by. I still would love to have a penny for every dollar of profit they make. But their empire is being whittled away by conferences and other media players particularly Fox.

I read the CR forum a lot. Hard to contribute much with all the savvy of the Big Business and Corporate Lawyer types that present there but I glean a lot. I do feel that even as the conferences are trying to get as much dough out of the media players the media types are arranging conferences to suit their interests. The alliances are in an ever state of flux so a BE ESPN alliance turns into a BE Fox alliance and that can change quickly depending on how other things play out.

ESPN has little incentive to promote the AAC. They have it on the cheap and only have a short contract with the AAC (six years). If the AAC does well during these six years ESPN might have to face other bidders in four years. Four years will be when discussions begin for new contracts. So ESPN will do just enough to make a profit on the investment and hope the conference doesn't gain momentum. The only thing ESPN has in its control is to limit the quality of the AAC exposure. UConn is the diamond of the conference. Create flaws in the diamond and the conference value decreases.

ESPN has had to reduce it's profits in college sports because they are in bidding wars with Fox and CBS and because conferences are insisting on more monies and setting up their own networks. The AAC is the first contract to come up for renewal. The current contract stinks as most of you know. If the AAC does well, if UConn does well, then ESPN will be forced to raise its price for the AAC considerably or lose it. It's a balancing act for ESPN to not destroy the conference but not allow it to get to get too successful. Historically this wasn't the case when ESPN and the BE made the decision to ally with one another. But this is a different world.

Reaction Score
Looks like we gotta win the whole damn thing again!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Or like NBC who occasionally forgets to include a few words in the replay of a 911 calls.

Has that happened several times like my example?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
if this truly was a mistake, that person sucks at their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom