Killer stat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We shot 33%

DHam 4-14
Miller 1-7
Adams 3-10

Yep, they played good D but even when we were open we shot poorly.

Reaction Score
Key stat 2: Brimah, Nolan, Miller combine for 3 rebounds. Feel for Miller playing like this after a great season, appreciate Nolan's effort despite being overmatched for 4 years, but really disappointed with Brimah. His second foul was an unbelievably dumb mental mistake and cost us being in this game, as Kansas had their massive run with him on the bench and We must've outscored them when he was in. Too bad we need him because he will never learn.

Reaction Score
How many open looks did we have though? I feel like most of DHam's shot were forced, Adams forced more than not, and Miller ran into defenders who were as big and athletic for the first time in a long, long time. I thought their half court D, especially in the first half, was suffocating. We had difficulty completing passes and had to take either contested 3's or drive into a crowd hoping for a foul/prayer.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kansas is a good team and they are going to defend, but they are good, not great defensively. UConn had a lot of makeable shots in the first half, UConn just didn't make them. The one thing I will say is that this team was more dependent on 3's than any UConn team I can remember, and when this team is cold from outside, there is no Plan B.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Key stat 2: Brimah, Nolan, Miller combine for 3 rebounds. Feel for Miller playing like this after a great season, appreciate Nolan's effort despite being overmatched for 4 years, but really disappointed with Brimah. His second foul was an unbelievably dumb mental mistake and cost us being in this game, as Kansas had their massive run with him on the bench and We must've outscored them when he was in. Too bad we need him because he will never learn.
At one point a stat was flashed on the screen on Brimah when he finally got back in and picked up his third foul. Brimah 3 fouls in 3 minutes (on the floor). Sometimes wonder if he is so amped up emotionally that he can't think and then makes silly fouls. Too bad. I hope he matures through this over the summer.

Reaction Score
Kansas is a good team and they are going to defend, but they are good, not great defensively. UConn had a lot of makeable shots in the first half, UConn just didn't make them. The one thing I will say is that this team was more dependent on 3's than any UConn team I can remember, and when this team is cold from outside, there is no Plan B.

We missed makeable shots, but they were really disrupting our offense. We probably should have only been down 12-15 instead of 20, but they locked us down in the 1st half for sure.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Kudos to Purvis and Gibbs who both played great. The difference was the total collapse of Miller. He got the looks, he just missed.
We needed 12pts and six rbs out of him for a chance to win. Everyone including Adams, DHam and Brimah actually gave a performance consistent with their regular season. Miller's collapse did not allow us to keep the game close enough to put game pressure on Kansas.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We shot 33%

DHam 4-14
Miller 1-7
Adams 3-10

Yep, they played good D but even when we were open we shot poorly.

throw in the 44-22 rebounds and to a lesser extent another double digit FT disparity and we can't possibly win

there was no path to victory

Reaction Score
Kudos to Purvis and Gibbs who both played great. The difference was the total collapse of Miller. He got the looks, he just missed.
We needed 12pts and six rbs out of him for a chance to win. Everyone including Adams, DHam and Brimah actually gave a performance consistent with their regular season. Miller's collapse did not allow us to keep the game close enough to put game pressure on Kansas.

DHam was 4-14.

Adams 3-10.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Perry Ellis was pretty much as advertised. Moves great for a big guy. Even has a pretty decent handle.

Shonn missed 2-3 very open looks early on. Nolan's blown layup. Couple other midrange that were uncontested. We make half of those and things are a bit tighter... maybe enough to change how balance of game was played?

DHam and Rodney's attempts at layups were mostly crushed. And Kansas getting multiple chances due to our inability to box out... pretty much no inside game at either end.

I'm impressed our boys came back as well as they did. But let's face, Kansas is very, very good. Best team we faced this year.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
DHam was 4-14.

Adams 3-10.
But Adams and DHam had games like that in the season and we found ways to win. We got the ball down low to Miller 4/5 times in the middle and he came up with no points on good looks, especially in the first half. If he makes his normal shots and rebounds, we 're only down by 12 at half. The reason Ollie recruited him was for a game like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom