Kick the SEC's tires | The Boneyard

Kick the SEC's tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We are desperate to join a top rate conference, so what harm could be done in joining the SEC? Hear me out:

-We would only join for football, baseball, men's basketball, and women's basketball. Our other sports would play in the NEC or MAAC or some local conference like that because flight expenses would get too costly to bring our olympic sports with us (also bear in mind that the SEC does not have a soccer league)

-The SEC would get a strong market and a great school in exchange. They also get a top-notch basketball program to go along with it

-Football recruiting would pick up, because of the increase in competition. Recruits want to play in the toughest conferences, and the SEC is the greatest conference in all the land.

-With Texas A&M (& possibly Missouri) I bet the SEC would be willing to take a so called "lesser" football program along for team #15.

-If anyone jumps on me about geographical concerns, bear in mind that:

1. The University of Washington is 1,700 miles away from the University of Arizona

2. Rice and Marshall play in the same conference

3. Texas A&M and South Carolina are over 1,000 miles apart. Storrs and Columbia are approximately 850 miles apart.

4. We are about to play in the same conference as TCU!!! They are farther away from us than almost everyone in the SEC

5. The jump in money would easily outweigh the travel expenses needed to participate in SEC play

-Finally, the SEC seems far more willing to expand than the Big 10 does. Would they be willing to take UConn (& possibly a travel partner like Rutgers)? I don't know, but there's no harm in asking/begging.

I know I will get grilled for this post. Quite honestly, I don't care. ZLS, Whaler, Nelson, etc...come up with witty one liners in response to add to your "like" total if you must. We are in a severe crisis and Herbst needs to do whatever it takes to get us the OUT of this hellhole.

Reaction Score
We are desparate to join a top rate conference, so what harm could be done in joining the SEC? Hear me out:

-We would only join for football, baseball, men's basketball, and women's basketball. Our other sports would play in the NEC or MAAC or some local conference like that because flight expenses would get too costly to bring our olympic sports with us (also bear in mind that the SEC does not have a soccer league)

-The SEC would get a strong market and a great school in exchange. They also get a top-notch basketball program to go along with it

-Football recruiting would pick up, because of the increase in competition. Recruits want to play in the toughest conferences, and the SEC is the greatest conference in all the land.

-With Texas A&M (& possibly Missouri) I bet the SEC would be willing to take a so called "lesser" football program along for team #15.

-If anyone jumps on me about geographical concerns, bear in mind that:

1. The University of Washington is 1,700 miles away from the University of Arizona

2. Rice and Marshall play in the same conference

3. Texas A&M and South Carolina are over 1,000 miles apart. Storrs and Columbia are approximately 850 miles apart.

4. We are about to play in the same conference as TCU!!! They are farther away from us than almost everyone in the SEC

5. The jump in money would easily outweigh the travel expenses needed to participate in SEC play

-Finally, the SEC seems far more willing to expand than the Big 10 does. Would they be willing to take UConn (& possibly a travel partner like Rutgers)? I don't know, but there's no harm in asking/begging.

I know I will get grilled for this post. Quite honestly, I don't care. ZLS, Whaler, Nelson, etc...come up with witty one liners in response to add to your "like" total if you must. We are in a severe crisis and Herbst needs to do whatever it takes to get us the OUT of this hellhole.
Why would the SEC want a partial member? Especially one that has about zero in common.

Reaction Score
Over under on the number of football games we'd win per year - 2. I've got the under.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We are 2-2 against the SEC since 2002. I will ignore how many how those games took place against Vanderbilt :)

Can't be the best without playing the best. Our basketball programs are proof of this.

Reaction Score
We are 2-2 against the SEC since 2002. I will ignore how many how those games took place against Vanderbilt :)

Can't be the best without playing the best. Our basketball programs are proof of this.

UConn is about as far down the SEC's list as you can get.

Reaction Score
I need to get a drink. We are really going into the deep end now. We might fit PAC-12 better than the SEC. Let's try to join the PAC-12 if they will have us.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but if ever there was a NFW suggestion, this is it. You have to understand the mentality of the SEC. If BC is an afterthought to the ACC's Southern blue-bloods, picture UConn among the SEC's Southern red-necks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom