Kiah Stokes' Blog | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes' Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If someone already posted this, sorry for the duplication.

It's a charming, living portrait of one of our beloved alumnae.

Kiah Stokes - Professional Women's Basketball Star
Kiah was/is a favorite of mine---she was an exceptional UConn Women's bb player--and a nice person. She has some strong views--most are correct, in my view, some naive, but she's still seeing the world outside of College, high school and home--the real world is different.
I wish her continued success in everything, including US House of Reps, she does. Bill Bradley did it why not Kiah???

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kiah was/is a favorite of mine---she was an exceptional UConn Women's bb player--and a nice person. She has some strong views--most are correct, in my view, some naive, but she's still seeing the world outside of College, high school and home--the real world is different.
I wish her continued success in everything, including US House of Reps, she does. Bill Bradley did it why not Kiah???

I'm on record stating that Kiah and Moriah were my favorites while they were there, for different reasons, but favorites none the less. I continue to follow her in the WNBA.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It may be useful for readers to know (or recall) that Kiah is the biracial product of an interracial marriage (her dad is black). She clearly and understandably identifies proudly with black people. We don't know how her parents helped shape her perspectives and sensitivities.

She is but one of many UConn players past (Kaleena), present (Kia, Saniya), and future (Lexi) who were born and raised in similar circumstances. (Sorry if I missed any.)

Reaction Score
It may be useful for readers to know (or recall) that Kiah is the biracial product of an interracial marriage (her dad is black). She clearly and understandably identifies proudly with black people. We don't know how her parents helped shape her perspectives and sensitivities.

She is but one of many UConn players past (Kaleena), present (Kia, Saniya), and future (Lexi) who were born and raised in similar circumstances. (Sorry if I missed any.)
Gabby and Napheesa.

Reaction Score
She's not only a successful basketball player, but also a competent promoter of tourism to her home state.

;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From Geno just before Kiah's Senior Night:

Later Thursday, Auriemma would tell reporters, "She is the absolute epitome of what you would want in a student athlete. She is a great human being. She is a great teammate. She is a great friend. She works diligently in school. If somebody said, 'Kiah Stokes is the face of your program,' I would be like that's pretty good. She kind of represents what we're all about."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom