Kiah motivated to "finish it" | The Boneyard

Kiah motivated to "finish it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Story from Iowa based on a post-Final Four interview with Kiah Stokes.

http://www.metrosportsreport.com/in...okes-hungry-for-top-prize&catid=184:about-msr

Stokes, who spent the past week catching up on missed schoolwork before starting post-season workouts next week, plans to visit family in Cedar Rapids at the end of the semester, then return to UConn for summer school and summer workouts.

In the meantime, she and her teammates are already contemplating next year’s campaign. Their objective is clear, Stokes says, and she has set her own goals to improve in ways that will help her team secure the top prize.

“I want to be more of a presence offensively,” she says. “Our team will be harder to guard if we have more offensive threats. Plus I’ll keep working on my blocks and rebounds.”

Her taste of the Final Four provides plenty of motivation.

“Denver was a beautiful place,” she says. “It was all a great experience, and I can’t wait to go back. It was fun, but we need to finish it.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Story from Iowa based on a post-Final Four interview with Kiah Stokes.

http://www.metrosportsreport.com/in...okes-hungry-for-top-prize&catid=184:about-msr

Stokes, who spent the past week catching up on missed schoolwork before starting post-season workouts next week, plans to visit family in Cedar Rapids at the end of the semester, then return to UConn for summer school and summer workouts.

In the meantime, she and her teammates are already contemplating next year’s campaign. Their objective is clear, Stokes says, and she has set her own goals to improve in ways that will help her team secure the top prize.

“I want to be more of a presence offensively,” she says. “Our team will be harder to guard if we have more offensive threats. Plus I’ll keep working on my blocks and rebounds.”

Her taste of the Final Four provides plenty of motivation.

“Denver was a beautiful place,” she says. “It was all a great experience, and I can’t wait to go back. It was fun, but we need to finish it.”
Somebody needs to tell Kiah that the Final Four is in New Orleans next year. If she goes back to Denver, she will be in the wrong place. :)

I'm not sure that the local Iowa paper has a sense of how challenging and difficult the freshman year at UConn is. There is no mention of that fact that she was benched for entire games for lack of effort in practice. But Kiah knows. She knows that she needs to work harder consistently, that she needs to improve her offensive game, and that she is an important contributor who will help determine the team's success. Like most players, she wasn't fully ready for the intensity of UConn WCBB, but she seems to get it now. Kiah has time to work on things over the summer, and I'm sure her teammates will work with her and push her. CD says that she is the sweetest kid. Like Tina, she just needs to learn a little ruthlessness on the court.

Reaction Score
“It was all a great experience,.”
I have a feeling that if she liked Denver, she'll love New Orleans. Being in that city when you're burning thousands of calories a day and eating as much of that great food as you want without paying a price for doing it. Paradise.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Since UConn apparently won't be getting a post in the class of 2013, Kiah's performance is going to be a major determinant of UConn's success for the balance of her UConn career. And I think she will rise to the challenge.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that if she liked Denver, she'll love New Orleans. Being in that city when you're burning thousands of calories a day and eating as much of that great food as you want without paying a price for doing it. Paradise.
Paradise Jam in the fall, Paradise Gluttony in the spring. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom