Kiah Gillispie - Maryland (CT native)? | The Boneyard

Kiah Gillispie - Maryland (CT native)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As I mentioned in another thread I think she is buried on the bench. Jones, Frazier, and maybe a 6-5 freshman are ahead of her. She should transfer if she wants to play.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
As I mentioned in another thread I think she is buried on the bench. Jones, Frazier, and maybe a 6-5 freshman are ahead of her. She should transfer if she wants to play.
Thanks, I don't read too many threads that have titles that don't catch my attention. again thanks

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A few days ago, a poster questioned why Kiah did not come to Storrs. Now we know for certain why.............................
Tammy Millsaps, who coached Gillespie at Capital Prep, said in a telephone interview that she had often been asked why Auriemma did not offer a scholarship. She has a stock answer.

“Who am I to question a guy with 11 national championships?” she said. “It’s irrelevant to me because Kiah had a ton of offers and she’s playing with some awesome talent at Maryland.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A quote in the pregame NYT article suggested that playing defense and team ball were issues for her. Both she and her mother were rather "aggressive", for lack of a better term, in recruiting and as was disclosed this year by CD I think, UConn looks pretty closely at the parents and I suspect Kiah didn't neutralize what Geno and CD were seeing; no offer from UConn.

PS. Don't understand the seeming confusion on "offer." Kiah was "candid" about that at the time, selling it as a mutual "no fit" decision.

Reaction Score
I have a distant connection to the family and remember the recruiting time. She would have loved to have been recruited by UConn, but figured out pretty early that that match was not going to be made. I hope for good things for her. Too bad she didn't see the court against UConn. She had some nice games last year but the going has to be tougher with the new recruits this year.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
we'll hear about Kiah sooner... or later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads