Kia: So Direct But Eloquent | The Boneyard

Kia: So Direct But Eloquent

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"How can I thank them." You know she feels it.

“Something you do see a lot before you get here is the tradition, the people who came before you what they did and how they played,” Nurse said. “For me, it was always how can I thank them for allowing me to have this opportunity even if they weren’t here when I was here. If I can make plays like that where it would make somebody else who was here before me proud who built this place into what it is, that makes me glad."

More good info here too. Kia Nurse shines as top-ranked UConn women roll past Cincinnati

Reaction Score
I will miss her the most after this year. So tough, so talented.
Me too
upload_2018-2-4_16-2-43.png

Reaction Score
Senior Night is going to be hard. Where is the kleenex?
When is senior night? The final regular season game is a Monday night game against USF at Gampel. Is that when they would have it? That game won't be covered by SNY. There's only one other game left at Gampel other than that one.

Reaction Score
Thanks again Rocky, I'm a Kia kind of guy to say the least. I think what she brings to this team is underestimated by many and will be missed when gone.
Her style, her smile, the ability to play both offense and defense with the same desire.
Kudos Canada....Her Savoir-faire is everywhere....;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When is senior night? The final regular season game is a Monday night game against USF at Gampel. Is that when they would have it? That game won't be covered by SNY. There's only one other game left at Gampel other than that one.

Good question. It may be on an ESPN telecast night, which means we will not see the ceremony if we aren't there. I looked and can't find the date. Anybody have the answer?

Reaction Score
Good question. It may be on an ESPN telecast night, which means we will not see the ceremony if we aren't there. I looked and can't find the date. Anybody have the answer?

My educated guess is that Senior Night will be the last home game at Gampel, which I believe is Monday night 2/26. That's how it was for Maya when I went to hers and I think it's always that way. I haven't felt compelled to go another Senior Night until now. These two graduating Seniors are special. Got tix months ago (hope I'm right!).

Reaction Score

“Something you do see a lot before you get here is the tradition, the people who came before you what they did and how they played,” Nurse said. “For me, it was always how can I thank them for allowing me to have this opportunity even if they weren’t here when I was here. If I can make plays like that where it would make somebody else who was here before me proud who built this place into what it is, that makes me glad."

More good info here too. Kia Nurse shines as top-ranked UConn women roll past Cincinnati

Good luck trying to find a replacement to provide all the tangible and intangible things Kia brings to the table for UConn. Yes, she shoots the 3 very efficiently, but more importantly she provides a great deal of energy, leadership, defense, enthusiasm, and most importantly toughness. Her drives are incredibly physical, she runs the floor with a passion, defends like a women possessed, and can do all the above while playing 40 minutes if need be. You’d be hard pressed to name a better conditioned, more committed, tougher player in the women’s game. Try finding all those qualities in the recruiting game.

Reaction Score
It's an ESPN2 game apparently. Hopefully the ceremony ends up on the internet somewhere.

Reaction Score
Good luck trying to find a replacement to provide all the tangible and intangible things Kia brings to the table for UConn. Yes, she shoots the 3 very efficiently, but more importantly she provides a great deal of energy, leadership, defense, enthusiasm, and most importantly toughness. Her drives are incredibly physical, she runs the floor with a passion, defends like a women possessed, and can do all the above while playing 40 minutes if need be. You’d be hard pressed to name a better conditioned, more committed, tougher player in the women’s game. Try finding all those qualities in the recruiting game.
Like like like like like.

Frankly, in terms of everything she brings to her game, she deserves consideration as NPOY.

Reaction Score
Like like like like like.

Frankly, in terms of everything she brings to her game, she deserves consideration as NPOY.

I don’t think you’re wrong, but odds are that won’t happen for the same reason that quarterbacks, or running backs are usually the MVP of the Super Bowl. She’s not the most athletic player in the country, or the most talented player, even on her own team- but she may very well be the most valuable. She is quite simply everything that embodies what a great player and teammate should be, and a great representative for the UConn program. JMO

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Thanks for posting this. She is a remarkable young woman first, and a fine basketball player too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom