Kia Nurse's Pandemic Life | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse's Pandemic Life

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Like other professional athletes, Nurse knows what to do even in this idle time. Aside from her home workouts, due in part to not having easy access to gyms because of social distancing restrictions, she did mention having access to an outdoor court if needed.

“I’m not gonna forget how to shoot just because I haven’t shot in a couple weeks and that’s how I’ve kinda seen it,” Nurse said. “I’ve been doing this for many years now. It’s ingrained in what I do.

“I’ve been maintaining and just understanding that at this point and where we are in the world, there’s no reason to push myself over the edge to the point where I end up hurting my joints or getting hurt because we don’t know when [the season is] coming back.”

Her daily routine outlined in this article is illuminating. Kia has a lot going on. Former UConn star, New York Liberty guard Kia Nurse making the most of her indefinite offseason

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not quite sure why this is the topic of the interview chosen. I would think there are alot more interesting interview topics for Kia then the amorphous grind of day to day training in the pandemic like how she is connecting with her Liberty teammates etc. Her season in Austrailia etc. Just me I guess. :(

Reaction Score
"Winning a second straight championship was like a fairy-tale like ending for Nurse, who will not be going back for a third straight season."

??? Staying in Canada to train with the national team for the 2020 WC & 2021 Olympics?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Good guess @j66kicker but only time will tell. I hope she ends up on a good European team, though you rightly point out she is highly Team CA motivated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom