Kia Nurse | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how long Kia will be out? I figured the NCAA tourney is about 4 weeks away. Hopefully she will be healthy by then. As of all this talk about depth ... When is the last time UCONN had a deep bench? GENO has always stated he likes to go into the NCAA tourney with a solid 8 player rotation. U look at so many top teams out there... Always seem to have 13-15 player rosters. Just saying it's been many many years I can remember UCONN having a big roster. What's good about the NCAA after conference tourneys end it gives the team almost 2 weeks of rest. The Tulane game was a bad game sometimes they happen.... But I will agree Lou is in a slump and our bench is really not that productive. Like I said we are a injury and foul trouble away from disaster. With nurse out this team has taken a hit.. These young ladies will just have to dig in the season is almost over. Listen if we don't win it all.. In my opinion this was a win season... This team has proven me and so many wrong!! They have met every expectation and more this season. Thank goodness we won't have that issue next season. Next years team might be the deepest team UCONN has had in my memory!! They will be able to go at least 10 deep!!

Reaction Score
Kia is out until the AAC tourney at least it seems. Geno said they would re-evaluate her condition in a couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
I think (and I hope!) that they will rest Kia as long as necessary. Certainly keep her out of these next three regular season games. Temple and USF are both far stronger than Tulane, but being at full strength for the NCAA tourney is more important than keeping the streak alive. Maybe let Kia play in the conference tournament final and then rest her again until the sweet 16 or elite 8.
Also, I think UConn does miss Kia badly, but I think they won't have another stinker like they had in NOLA.

Reaction Score
I have bad news and good news. The bad news is that for at least the next three games, and maybe the next five (or even (gulp!) more, we don't have Kia. No calming influence. No three-pointers that strike at the heart of the opponent. No drives to the basket where she doesn't score but gets someone in foul trouble. None of that.

The good news: Geno and staff get to try to come up with a way to not win (because they probably can do that without Kia) but to play coherent basketball without the most coherent player. This means Crystal gets a lot of practice time, which is not concerning (to me) unless all those missed foul shots from the last game get into her head. If that happens, there's no telling how things will go.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agree with Tom. The good news is that Crystal will get much more PT. It seems that Molly has somehow found herself buried on the bench and is earning about as much PT as Tierney. It's too bad Geno feels he can't rely on her because we are short a guard, not a post player. But... roll the ball out and see how our kids do!

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
My only fear is that (from past inference) she takes a little bit of time to get back into the swing.

But she's a junior now, and has been on the biggest stage (final 4 twice already and an Olympic appearance to boot) so I'm hoping when she returns come tournament time she gets right down to business.

Good to see KI get in lately with added minutes. She's been OK too. We need her to be consistent tho bc she seems to be a replacement for Pheesa when in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Agree with Tom. The good news is that Crystal will get much more PT. It seems that Molly has somehow found herself buried on the bench and is earning about as much PT as Tierney. It's too bad Geno feels he can't rely on her because we are short a guard, not a post player. But... roll the ball out and see how our kids do!
C'mon Molly! We know you can do it!

Reaction Score
I think (and I hope!) that they will rest Kia as long as necessary. Certainly keep her out of these next three regular season games. Temple and USF are both far stronger than Tulane, but being at full strength for the NCAA tourney is more important than keeping the streak alive. Maybe let Kia play in the conference tournament final and then rest her again until the sweet 16 or elite 8.
Also, I think UConn does miss Kia badly, but I think they won't have another stinker like they had in NOLA.
Osceola---I agree with sitting Kia as much as possible before the NCAA's . A fully healthy Kia is exactly what the doctor ordered for Uconn to not have another "stinker". Uconn learned a lot in that game--about themselves and it all wasn't bad. Pushed to the wire, they composed themselves and survived. They will be pushed again closer to the wire--but this experience gives them something to fall back on and say to themselves--we can do it!!

Reaction Score
C'mon Molly! We know you can do it!

Good Golly Miss Molly---she actually can do it and has done it in HS. Confidence, and stop trying to please Geno--he'll always find something else to make perfect ..

Reaction Score
I have bad news and good news. The bad news is that for at least the next three games, and maybe the next five (or even (gulp!) more, we don't have Kia. No calming influence. No three-pointers that strike at the heart of the opponent. No drives to the basket where she doesn't score but gets someone in foul trouble. None of that.

The good news: Geno and staff get to try to come up with a way to not win (because they probably can do that without Kia) but to play coherent basketball without the most coherent player. This means Crystal gets a lot of practice time, which is not concerning (to me) unless all those missed foul shots from the last game get into her head. If that happens, there's no telling how things will go.

Danger is tough--look at those arms!! What concerns me is the things I don't know: The concussion--is she recovered. The foot i: is she recovered/?? The first one is a real concern.
Excluding the Concussion and injury--Danger learned a lot about herself and what she needs to do in the Tulane game. She either has to make foul shots or make herself missing when fouls are handed out at the end of the game. She has the ability to score big--Baylor game. She is a good to better point guard-she sees what the opponents give her--can't see over big players--but neither could Moriah. She will be better--she won't be Moriah this year, maybe next. But she will give Geno good minutes and will work with the off guard--Kia or Saniya during the post season
It would be nice to see some Molly by golly.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
CBear01 mentions my concern with a long lay-off for Kia ... she'll likely need a few games to get her legs and head back. If she is back by the end of the regular season we are lucky. Of course she isn't going to jump in and play 37 minutes. In the meantime, if Molly can lose the Oh Gollies that would be nice.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yeah,i heard that Jack Daniels is really good for ankle injuries.lol
Also George Dickel, the "other" Tennessee whisky. [Dickel spells it without the "e"]

Reaction Score
According to geno kia will start practicing next Wednesday and they don't know if she will be ready for the aac tournament.

Reaction Score
Is there any update on Kia's Ankle? I think they were going to try to work her out a bit today??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Basketball activities were scheduled to resume yesterday (3/1). I haven't heard anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom