Kia Nurse:Woman With A Plan | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse:Woman With A Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Finally got around to watching this. Kia is quite an impressive young woman. And i loved her selected moment from the last NCAA tournament - the picture of her screaming at Moriah after Moriah hit the buzzer beater.

Reaction Score
I hope we remember all Kia Nurse does for us when she has a bad shooting night, We are very lucky to have her on this young team,
Exactly this. It is easy to be critical of her inconsistent scoring, but Kia contributes far more to this team than points. As the season goes on, I expect those qualities that we might take for granted at times (her defensive abilities, her fire and drive, her leadership qualities and willingness to lead the team) shine. Kia's game isn't always present on the stat sheet, but I think that's okay.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Exactly this. It is easy to be critical of her inconsistent scoring, but Kia contributes far more to this team than points. As the season goes on, I expect those qualities that we might take for granted at times (her defensive abilities, her fire and drive, her leadership qualities and willingness to lead the team) shine. Kia's game isn't always present on the stat sheet, but I think that's okay.
In those aspects she reminds me of a fan favorite Faris - they have different games, but the same kind of focus defensively and on the glue aspects of being a great teammate. Kia is more of a consistent scoring threat than Kelly was while Kelly was a more versatile defender and overall more athletic.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope we remember all Kia Nurse does for us when she has a bad shooting night, We are very lucky to have her on this young team,
Kia was born a Badass.

Yes, she always plays hard and almost always play great defense. Her offense has been spotty at times, but ...

--She is averaging a career-high 13.5 ppg

--She is shooting a solid .434 from the arc

--She is shooting a great .900 from the FT line

--She has a 2.3 A/TO ratio (46:20)

Her shooting has improved to the point where it's quite good.

Reaction Score
I still say she's the MVP. It's hard to single one out among the Core 4, but nobody is more valuable overall than Kia.

I have to agree. I notice she's really taken charge the last few games, constantly talking to her teammates and directing traffic. I take nothing away from her talented teammates, but everyone seems to have a more or less defined role. She rarely leaves the floor, but when she does, there's a noticeable shift in fluidity. Tonight was a good example. It's been said before many times by her fans on this board, there's a reason she sees the most minutes. Funny, someone in another thread said KLS became a superstar tonight. Kia actually had similar, if not better, numbers.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I love Kia because she plays basketball with a hockey player's mindset.....tough & all out, all the time. The only difference is that in hockey you play hard for a 1-2 minute shift, while Kia hardly ever comes off the court.

Reaction Score
I still say she's the MVP. It's hard to single one out among the Core 4, but nobody is more valuable overall than Kia.
I really can't figure out who the MVP is right now. Kia with her leadership, attitude, and explosiveness, KLS for her scoring, versatility, and drawing defensive attention to free up teammates, Gabby leading in steals, assists, and rebounds, or Collier for offensive efficiency and tremendous defense against taller players every night. Right now, I'm at a four way tie.

Reaction Score
I'm just so happy she has found her "groove" as of late with her solid shooting and overall play.

Our "Core 4" is just amazing - each one adds critical elements to the overall team success. :D

Reaction Score
I'm not sure who the MVP is, it changes every game, for which I am thankful, but this is Kia's team, of that I am certain.

Once again last night against Nebraska, Kia had the team-high number of minutes. All of your posts above explain why.

Plus she is our de facto captain whenever the team needs player representation with the refs or at the scorers table.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog