Kia Nurse Was Feeling It From Deep | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse Was Feeling It From Deep

Reaction Score
And don’t forget KLS had perhaps her best game as a pro, scoring 14 with four rebounds, two steals, one blocked shot, and one assist, plus an overall strong defense. Without her, Seattle might well have been blown out in the first quarter. Her normal free throw shooting was off and it was funny to watch her jump ball against Griner. I doubt there are many times Lou feels like a midget.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Lou needs to shoot it at least 10 times a game. She has the last two games after hardly shooting it at all against the Sparks. Some of it is due to being the third or fourth option, but some of it is mindset. Her time with Avenida helped expand her offensive game and that was evident especially in the first quarter. I would have thought that time as Avenida’s number one option would have also translated into more of a shot hunting mentality. Maybe we are starting to see that.

Lou actually jumped center for Avenida and probably had to against Griner in the Euroleague Final.

Nice to see a big game from Kia. Seattle wasn’t going to let Griner dominate like on Friday and Kia can hit the open three. Phoenix should be a good fit for her.

Reaction Score
That was a great game for Kia and KLS. For KLS, you can see her confidence growing. The way she attacked the basket or pulled up for jumpers. We all know she can shoot the mid range and 3 ball. Just seeing the way she attacked the basket was a joy to watch. Kia was just on fire!! Loved the smooth looking shot. Much like KLS, Kia gets minutes, you can see how well she can play. Great game by both ladies.

Reaction Score
Lou needs to shoot it at least 10 times a game. She has the last two games after hardly shooting it at all against the Sparks. Some of it is due to being the third or fourth option, but some of it is mindset. Her time with Avenida helped expand her offensive game and that was evident especially in the first quarter. I would have thought that time as Avenida’s number one option would have also translated into more of a shot hunting mentality. Maybe we are starting to see that.

Lou actually jumped center for Avenida and probably had to against Griner in the Euroleague Final.

Nice to see a big game from Kia. Seattle wasn’t going to let Griner dominate like on Friday and Kia can hit the open three. Phoenix should be a good fit for her.
Lou did jump center with Avenida but didn’t against Griner in championship game. Hof? I was hoping to see Jordan jump center with Griner. When you have Sue, Stewie, and Jewel on the floor you are not the shooting option. More plays involving her would help the whole team by forcing opponents not to double Stewie. I am also somewhat puzzled by Lou’s minutes being more limited, especially when she gets hot and her overall play is so good. Stewie’s production has fallen off of late because she is being overworked.

Reaction Score
Lou did jump center with Avenida but didn’t against Griner in championship game. Hof? I was hoping to see Jordan jump center with Griner. When you have Sue, Stewie, and Jewel on the floor you are not the shooting option. More plays involving her would help the whole team by forcing opponents not to double Stewie. I am also somewhat puzzled by Lou’s minutes being more limited, especially when she gets hot and her overall play is so good. Stewie’s production has fallen off of late because she is being overworked.
The last 2 games Russell was forced to play almost the whole game. That doesn't leave a lot of room for Stewie or Jewell to drive or get medium range shots.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Hof jumped center in the game for Avenida vs UMMC.

Reaction Score
Hof jumped center in the game for Avenida vs UMMC.
That’s what I remembered but thanks for confirming. No one was going to out jump Griner so I assume her coach wanted Lou fighting for that jump ball. That is how I would have set it up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom