Kia Nurse...our All-American | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse...our All-American

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have been contemplating this thread for awhile now and as we come winding down the regular season, now seems as good a time. KLS is my favorite player on this team, but there is nobody that I more have respect for than Kia. She freakin does whatever it takes, whenever it's needed. As she's from a hockey country with her brother in the NHL, to me she the perfect definition of the "agitator". The player the home team loves and all the other teams fans hate. There a few of these players out there-Kristy Wallace from Baylor, Sophie Cunningham from Mizzou, I think Chloe Bibby from MSU fits this category as well. Kelly Faris from years ago also. These are the players that get unnoticed by the larger audiences, the press and voting public but whom, the informed, fanatic team observer know full well the team would not be the team without them.

I have been always willing to point out Kia's contributions with the "but..." addendum that Gabby, KLS or Pheesa were the alpha's. However, this year, I am a strong proponent that Kia does deserve a spot on the 10 member WBCA team.

All she does is WIN:
  • Need a shut down defender on the opposing teams wing, point guard or shooting guard?--DONE
  • Need a person to coordinate the point and distribute the basketball?--DONE
  • Need a person to knock down open 3 after open 3 and break the game open?--DONE
  • Need someone to handle the fastbreak and handle any fill court pass-Kia's there
  • Have a loose ball on the court and want it-Kia's your girl!
  • Got a chippy player on the other team?--Kia will handle it.
There are very few freshman who can come in and start more than half the games of their freshman year and yet here came Kia on a NC team and did just that. There's a reason our Canadian Cousins have her on the National Team up there, she's earned it.

Kia, thank you for everything and with any commons sense out there, we will see your number and name in the HOH.

Respectfully submitted,
DefenseBB.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Most likely UConn All Americans this year are Gabby, KLS and I'll go with Kia to replace Napheesa. UConn can submit three nominees and I'll think they will Nominate Kia over Napheesa. Kia is a Senior and I'm sure Geno and the Coaches would like to see her on the Wall of Honor. The question is will the voters honor Kia if she is UConn's 3rd nominee.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Most likely UConn All Americans this year are Gabby, KLS and I'll go with Kia to replace Napheesa. UConn can submit three nominees and I'll think they will Nominate Kia over Napheesa. Kia is a Senior and I'm sure Geno and the Coaches would like to see her on the Wall of Honor. The question is will the voters honor Kia if she is UConn's 3rd nominee.
They will if UConn runs the table at 38-0.

Reaction Score
Don't think we get more than one on the first team this year. Too many great players on other teams putting up some big stats. I think it's going to be Lou on the first team. Kia and maybe Gabby second team.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Don't think we get more than one on the first team this year. Too many great players on other teams putting up some big stats. I think it's going to be Lou on the first team. Kia and maybe Gabby second team.
Hoop, the WBCA Team is one team with 10 members. The AP Team is 3 Teams of 5: 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I am saying Kia makes that team with KLS and Gabby. To make the HOH, a player has to make either the 10 member WBCA or the AP 1st Team or both.

Reaction Score
Hoop, the WBCA Team is one team with 10 members. The AP Team is 3 Teams of 5: 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I am saying Kia makes that team with KLS and Gabby. To make the HOH, a player has to make either the 10 member WBCA or the AP 1st Team or both.

The USBWA also has a ten member first team that counts toward the HOH. The last two years, 13 total players were named first team All-Americans between the WBCA and USBWA each year. With a lot of good players this year, maybe votes will be split even more with perhaps an extra player or two being named to one of the squads. I think UConn has a decent chance of having 3 players named as the top 12-14 players this year. 6 of the 13 graduated and Brianna Turner isn’t playing this year, so that theoretically opens up 7 spots for All-America honors if there are 13 named again between the two organizations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom