OT: Kia Nurse Drops 26 on Sparks | The Boneyard

OT: Kia Nurse Drops 26 on Sparks

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
most impressive was the 15-16 from the FT line. Many of the pressure filled variety in the last few minutes to ice the game. Also 4 steals so doing her part on the defensive end and such a good role model for Asia Durr.

Also, when the 3pt shot is not falling (1-6), she finds so many other things to affect the game.

Very critical game after almost being thrown out the WNBA after the Aces debacle (where Kia was the only player in double figures FWIW)

Oh, also a nice up fake near the end that had Riguna flip over her back Ouch., :D:D

Reaction Score
Yeah, Kia keeps getting better and better. She works hard at what doesn't necessarily come naturally to her as in other players we've seen (e.g., mid-range jumper). The Liberty look really good at times. Their game against the Aces was awful and hopefully an aberration, maybe jet lag and technically playing at 10:30 PM for them with the time difference. Unfortunately, they will be especially challenged until all of their roster are back in NY. Zahui B leaves for Europe shortly, Hartley has already gone back, and Kiah Stokes and Marine Johannes (French National Team) have yet to set foot on American soil as they continue to compete aboard. Rebecca Allen sidelined with an injury doesn't help. I guess the goal will be to at least get into, and stay in, contention for the playoffs as the season progress in spite of the absence of key players. Nurse, Durr, and Charles will have to carry the team, and Charles has yet to really get going. Boyd can be really good at times.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yeah, Kia keeps getting better and better. She works hard at what doesn't necessarily come naturally to her as in other players we've seen (e.g., mid-range jumper). The Liberty look really good at times. Their game against the Aces was awful and hopefully an aberration, maybe jet lag and technically playing at 10:30 PM for them with the time difference. Unfortunately, they will be especially challenged until all of their roster are back in NY. Zahui B leaves for Europe shortly, Hartley has already gone back, and Kiah Stokes and Marine Johannes (French National Team) have yet to set foot on American soil as they continue to compete aboard. Rebecca Allen sidelined with an injury doesn't help. I guess the goal will be to at least get into, and stay in, contention for the playoffs as the season progress in spite of the absence of key players. Nurse, Durr, and Charles will have to carry the team, and Charles has yet to really get going. Boyd can be really good at times.

Ouch. Did not know Zahui B was leaving soon. I guess Han may get some time. As long as we are competitive and Durr continues her development , I will be satisfied.

Reaction Score
Ouch. Did not know Zahui B was leaving soon. I guess Han may get some time. As long as we are competitive and Durr continues her development , I will be satisfied.
Zahui B went nuts yesterday: 13-16 FG, 7-8 3PT, 4-4 FT, for 37 big ones. Liberty were behind and playing catch up most of the game but she just kept dropping 3’s

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
First, even tho I'm from LA, I can't stand the Sparks. Parker is beyond prima donna status, the whole Grey skipping out on Team USA sitch, and Maybrey is almost as unlikable as Parker, but with half the talent.

Second, I thought for sure NY was not going to win a game this season after the horrid start, but glad to see them righting the ship a bit.

Last, I have a feeling this is going to be a wide open season. I know there are a few teams the experts seem to think have the best shot, but IMHO Minny and Indiana have been better than expected, and I think it's going to be a fun season, even if many of the UCONN stars are not playing at the moment...

Reaction Score
Every year she gets better and better and better. Does anyone remember that she was just OK as a sophomore? That at one point she didn't really have an outside shot?

Just look at her now!!!!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Zahui B went nuts yesterday: 13-16 FG, 7-8 3PT, 4-4 FT, for 37 big ones. Liberty were behind and playing catch up most of the game but she just kept dropping 3’s
I'm not sure I've ever seen a stat line that efficient before, especially from an inconsistent 6-5 post player. Heck of a game for her.

Reaction Score
Still my favorite player to watch. Works so hard at both ends of the court. So, so glad to see the improvement in her offensive game. Will be interesting to see if her uptick in scoring will get her an all-star spot this year. I'm voting for her everyday but don't see as a big enough fan favorite to get her a seat on the bench.

Reaction Score
2F08B40C-E28A-4726-A8CD-642FEF0E3152.jpeg

I think a Liberty player was robbed out of Eastern Conference Player of the Week. They gave it to Jonquel Jones again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom