Kia. Never. Stops. | The Boneyard

Kia. Never. Stops.

Reaction Score
UCLA scored on this possession. (Can't pitch a shutout.) And Kia leaves her feet (twice). But how can you not love her work ethic? You can spend an entire game just watching Kia's defense. Is there a smarter, all-around better defensive player in WCBB?

How about some other GIFs showing the world what Kia does best?

Reaction Score
UCLA scored on this possession. (Can't pitch a shutout.) And Kia leaves her feet (twice). But how can you not love her work ethic? You can spend an entire game just watching Kia's defense. Is there a smarter, all-around better defensive player in WCBB?

NDPOY Gabby Williams?

Reaction Score
This is a great example of why Kia has started every game she's been healthy since the loss to Stanford in her freshman year. And she will continue to do so until her last game as a Husky. This is what leadership is.

This is also a great example of why certain of the freshmen and sophomores were not asked to get up off the bench at Pauley Pavilion.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

I think you are wrong. I think Kia leaves her feet three times.....everything else you said was correct though. :)

Reaction Score
Kia and Gabby are prime examples that scoring is just one aspect of the game of basketball. You can effect the outcome by more than just scoring.
Kia and Gabby (and KLS prior to injury) seemed to be made out of steel. Rarely to you see anyone in women's basketball play an entire game without seeming to sweat. Easy to build muscles but difficult for any sport to have the commitment to be strong and quick for long periods of time.

Reaction Score
Kia and Gabby (and KLS prior to injury) seemed to be made out of steel. Rarely to you see anyone in women's basketball play an entire game without seeming to sweat. Easy to build muscles but difficult for any sport to have the commitment to be strong and quick for long periods of time.
I sat pretty close to the court the other night in Westwood. Trust me - there was sweat.

Reaction Score
Kia has been nothing but SOLID for her entire time at UConn. She is a team leader and team player par excellence. The overall consistency of her play, at such a high level, is awesome. I dont know why she isnt already a first-team All-American.

Reaction Score
I thought on offense her shot was getting a little flat, just like beginning of last season. When that gets straightened out, look out!

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
I am such a big fan of these 2 young ladies...

Go back in time, your a freshman at UCONN named Gabby and Kia and you are playing on a team with 3 players that will eventually go 1,2,3 in the WNBA draft...

Your competitive drive brought you there and you want to contribute to the team...in any way possible...

In this process your successful and it takes everything you got + to achieve this but in the end you possess what we are witnessing now indomitable spirit...to lead/support/will your team to succeed...

Wouldn't allow judgement/accolades from others define your accomplishments...

Enjoy the season it is going to be a great one...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I will bet that when Mikayla, Lexi or Andi appears to be wondering what a freshman guard has to do to get major minutes, Shea or CD will refer them to the freshman version of Kia Nurse. She displaced Saniya as a starter because of her defensive intensity that she could physically sustain for a whole game. She probably didn't understand all the nuances of the defensive system, but Geno could live with that because of her level of sustained effort.

Why can't this year's freshmen (or at least one of them) do the same thing?

Reaction Score
I will bet that when Mikayla, Lexi or Andi appears to be wondering what a freshman guard has to do to get major minutes, Shea or CD will refer them to the freshman version of Kia Nurse. She displaced Saniya as a starter because of her defensive intensity that she could physically sustain for a whole game. She probably didn't understand all the nuances of the defensive system, but Geno could live with that because of her level of sustained effort.

Why can't this year's freshmen (or at least one of them) do the same thing?

Because there will be eventually be 8 players that do it better, thus you won't get as much chance in seeing the others excel until they play bad teams. Then maybe you or someone else will make an incorrect assumption that they aren't performing. Chong didn't shwo a lot over 3 years so why should there be such a rush to judge these kids when maybe only Coombs was highly rated/ McD A/A?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom