Kia: Canadian Press | The Boneyard

Kia: Canadian Press

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Nurse was in the seventh grade, she believes, when she saw WNBA star Maya Moore and the Huskies win an NCAA title.

“That was the day where I was like ‘I would love to go to UConn. I don’t think I could do it, but I would love to do that if I could,”‘ she said.

Almost a decade later, time has flown by.

“I looked around the other day, and thought ‘I have three months of college basketball left. That’s it. And then I go into the real world.’ I looked at the freshman, and you think you have forever, you really do, and then it just flies.”

http://canada.timesofnews.com/canad...se-thrilled-to-play-home-game-in-toronto.html

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
An old Canadian article but with pretty pertinent info and a fun read:

The 6-foot combo guard has had a “phenomenal impact” on UConn’s success so far, Auriemma said, adding, “There isn’t a restriction on her role. It can be whatever she wants it to be. I think going forward, it’s going to grow.”

“I’ve always had a dream of becoming an Olympian and I knew that would require me to become the best possible basketball player I could,” Nurse said of choosing UConn. “Here, you’re playing with and against the best players in the country, playing for and against the best coaches in the country, so I knew I would be pushed to my absolute limits.”

UConn Huskies guard Kia Nurse is ‘The One’ for Canada

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom