TJ Gardner | The Boneyard

TJ Gardner

Reaction Score
I know this probably isn't the perfect place to ask this but I didn't think it was worth it's own thread. Did TJ Gardner not play at all last season for similar academic reasons to Khyon? or is it now known or was he hurt and I missed it.

Reaction Score
I would like to know as well. I see no mention of him on this board and he is our most prototypical edge guy / LB 3* out of HS. The forgotten man of this team.

Reaction Score
I would like to know as well. I see no mention of him on this board and he is our most prototypical edge guy / LB 3* out of HS. The forgotten man of this team.
Just caught this post. True, I remember RE really talked up TJ when he flipped from BC and the Uconn/ Uyi Osunde connection. ( the Windsor principal)

As a Windsor guy who's nephew played DB on a team with TJ and Tyler Coyle, I'd love to see Edsall give TJ a shot as a short yardage and blocking RB at 6-2/244. It seems to be a position of need for RE ever since Nate Hopkins left. He'd seem to be more than adequate to handle that role if you watch some of his HUDL tape from HS....TJ's Senior Highlights

Especially when TJ seems buried on the D side of the ball with the depth RE has added. And since he's been up and down with RE , the past couple of years as a DL/LB.

UConn football coach Edsall sees spark in TJ ... - The Bristol Press

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just caught this post. True, I remember RE really talked up TJ when he flipped from BC and the Uconn/ Uyi Osunde connection. ( the Windsor principal)

As a Windsor guy who's nephew played DB on a team with TJ and Tyler Coyle, I'd love to see Edsall give TJ a shot as a short yardage and blocking RB at 6-2/244. It seems to be a position of need for RE ever since Nate Hopkins left. He'd seem to be more than adequate to handle that role if you watch some his HUDL tape from HS....TJ's Senior Highlights

Especially when TJ seems buried on the D side of the ball with the depth RE has added. And since he's been up and down with RE , the past couple of years as a DL/LB.

UConn football coach Edsall sees spark in TJ ... - The Bristol Press

That story is from 2018 and was very positive and everybody here was excited when he committed to UConn. Anyone have insights into why he disappeared from the field?

Reaction Score
That story is from 2018 and was very positive and everybody here was excited when he committed to UConn.
True that's why I mentioned his ups and downs (even in that story ) for a couple of years, at one point RE said he wasn't sure if TJ really wanted to be a FB player. But as the poster above mentioned, I've never heard or read it's "similar academic reasons to Khyon? "

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mods could we move the TJ comments to a new thread? Its a topic that I am interested in and it deserves its own thread.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He appeared in games as a 3rd string LB. I have often wondered what is going with him?

Reaction Score
He's not forgotten, he's a back-up defensive end with two years left, hopefully the best is yet to come. Hunter Webb is another guy in this same category. I think Spanos is making the playing time decisions at this point, it's his defense.

Reaction Score
He's not forgotten, he's a back-up defensive end with two years left, hopefully the best is yet to come. Hunter Webb is another guy in this same category. I think Spanos is making the playing time decisions at this point, it's his defense.

Webb is on a normal trajectory of development having played on STs all last year with 3 years of eligibility remaining. Gardner did not see any game action on a defense that could have used some athleticism on the edge and now he has 2 years left but without any valuable playing experience under his belt. From an outsiders perspective he doesn't look to be in the plans. Which is why some of us are curious.

Reaction Score
Webb is on a normal trajectory of development having played on STs all last year with 3 years of eligibility remaining. Gardner did not see any game action on a defense that could have used some athleticism on the edge and now he has 2 years left but without any valuable playing experience under his belt. From an outsiders perspective he doesn't look to be in the plans. Which is why some of us are curious.

He survived last year's purge so there is still hope. I'm still waiting for Omaine Stephens to get on the field and dominate.

Reaction Score
That story is from 2018 and was very positive and everybody here was excited when he committed to UConn. Anyone have insights into why he disappeared from the field?
I remember hearing he did not love football. I do not think football is a game you can go through the motions on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom