Khalid El-Amin freshman year highlights | The Boneyard

Khalid El-Amin freshman year highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone needs to create a documentary about Khalid. Tough to find a better example of winner than Khalid. HS, College and his international play. Wins everywhere he goes.

Reaction Score
You know he was good and one of most significant recruits in uconn history, but man doing those things as a freshman remind you just how dynamic and mature his game was right out of the gate.

Still one of my all time favorite huskies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You know he was good and one of most significant recruits in uconn history, but man doing those things as a freshman remind you just how dynamic and mature his game was right out of the gate.

Still one of my all time favorite huskies.

He was born a senior leader and we never even had him as a senior. Truly one of a kind.
Total Alpha

Reaction Score
Absolutely the most natural PG to ever wear a UConn uniform
My favorite Kalid Story is the 2000 Tenn game which we lost.
I was returning to Connecticut via Nashville. I listened to the beginning of the game in the car . But watched the most of the game from an airport bar.
I was wearing my UConn gear in Tennessee.
Kalid was hurt in that game and UConn fell behind
Even though he was injured he made several attempts to play Hurt.
The strangest thing was even on one leg everytime hr entered the game UConn not only rallied but looked like they might pull it out.
In all my years of hoops I had never seen one injured player change the game in thst manner.It was as if every plsyer on the team became better by his presence.
That the model PG

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Absolutely the most natural PG to ever wear a UConn uniform
My favorite Kalid Story is the 2000 Tenn game which we lost.
I was returning to Connecticut via Nashville. I listened to the beginning of the game in the car . But watched the most of the game from an airport bar.
I was wearing my UConn gear in Tennessee.
Kalid was hurt in that game and UConn fell behind
Even though he was injured he made several attempts to play Hurt.
The strangest thing was even on one leg everytime hr entered the game UConn not only rallied but looked like they might pull it out.
In all my years of hoops I had never seen one injured player change the game in thst manner.It was as if every plsyer on the team became better by his presence.
That the model PG

I only vaguely remember that game's details, because I remember feeling deflated that he was hurt and assuming we'd lose, but also watching and thinking basically what you're saying: He's still the most impactful player in this game and has a chance to pull off a miracle.

I've loved every PG we've had in different ways, and have an affection for them even though I am naturally drawn to 2 guards...our PGs have always had such a soft spot in my heart, and El-Amin is right there for me at the top...

As far as him vs other PGs, it's vital to remember his style of play and how good of a true PG and leader he was...in that light, he's not our program's best PG ever, but he may be the best pure PG as far as who you'd want to lead your team.

And as a PS, I was early in HS during those great 90s UConn teams, and in the days of AOL instant messenger, I made my handle a tribute to him and his rotund but still amazing PG play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom