Kevin Ollie's Motor Will Take Him To The Top | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie's Motor Will Take Him To The Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
He sort of lost me after this line...

The only question about Ollie is whether Connecticut will be patient enough with him enough to see him bloom. I doubt it. You don't want to be the guy replacing a Hall of Fame coach such as Jim Calhoun. Anything short of national championship means you've come up short. You want to be the guy replacing the guy who supplanted Calhoun.

Really? Anything short of a NC? On the women's side, maybe. On the men's side, I hardly doubt anyone in their right mind expects a NC run any time soon. Sweet 16 or elite 8 in a couple years? Sure. But even that is hardly the "expectation" of the majority of fans...

I get that the AD will do the nationwide search after this year, but even of Ollie strikes out on Parker and XRM, if he has a decent year given lowered expectations as a HC, and earns good reviews from the players, it seems more likely than not that he will be the permanent HC. I wonder what would it take for them NOT to give the job to Ollie at the end of the year? Kids complaining about him, even worse than expected season, and no recruits to go along with no good prospects for 2014... Somehow I just don't see that happening.

Reaction Score
In this case, you definitely don't want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced Calhoun.

Reaction Score
So he has a motor? What was all that crap about taking the stairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom