Kevin Ollie: "There's got to be some changes | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie: "There's got to be some changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These slow starts are causing too many issues. Early in the year it was OK, because it was still early, and the assumption was that we would figure it out, but if it continues....we won't !

I don't mind a down year. We just won it all. But it really doesn't look like we're that far from being a very good team if a couple things click into place. I hope KO pushes the right buttons.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
play sporadic defense and don't show enough fight until it's a little too late.

We can’t rely on Amida all the time. I thought our guards didn’t do a good job controlling the dribble all night.

We need to make more free throws to win games. You can’t go 8-for-18.

i'll add that someone other than boat and hamilton needs to be aggressive and demand the ball, want the ball... amida and facey work hard down low but no one gets them the ball... For hamilton to limi his turnovers for now, maybe have him run off ball screens like what we did for lamb instead of giving him the ball at the top of the key and letting him try to dribble... I like the starting line up of boat, purvis, hamilton, facey, amida... I really dont want to mess with it but I think either sam or calhoun has to start for purvis at this point( I know i've said otherwise before, still like the starting line up) sam coming off the bench and omar gives us a spark, but omar is that 3 pt threat as is hamilton... but the biggest thing is they come out with no intensity or fire at all, maybe play full court press/trap like ville or florida so ollie forces them to play defense... I still have faith in them, have to be supportive, it's easy to support them when things are going well and rip them when things aren't

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I'm also taking this statement as meaning some people will get recruited over for the seasons to come.

Reaction Score
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive

Reaction Score
Most obvious statement since "UConn football is not as good as Ohio State and Oregon."

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There’s got to be some changes, because we come out and keep seeing the same thing. I don’t know who the changes are gonna be. I’ve got to sit down and assess the tape. There might not be any changes. I’m gonna figure that out with my coaching staff, and we’re gonna go forward.”

Oh. Well. Ok, then.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There’s got to be some changes, because we come out and keep seeing the same thing. I don’t know who the changes are gonna be. I’ve got to sit down and assess the tape. There might not be any changes. I’m gonna figure that out with my coaching staff, and we’re gonna go forward.”

Oh. Well. Ok, then.
You love pointing that out, don't you?

Maybe we can go back to criticizing the way he talks, too.

Man, the joy with which so many "fans" are so eager to grab their pitchforks after a loss and go after the staff really just astounds me, especially after all the success we've had.

Nothing but a bunch of spoiled bitches.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm also taking this statement as meaning some people will get recruited over for the seasons to come.

Honestly, lets hope so, yet the way UConn's recruiting has gone the last 5 years or so, I doubt there will be much of a spike.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You love pointing that out, don't you?

Maybe we can go back to criticizing the way he talks, too.

I'm fine with how KO speaks, I just found this funny.

Conversly, if you wanted to STFU, I don't think anyone would mind.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm fine with how KO speaks, I just found this funny.

Conversly, if you wanted to STFU, I don't think anyone would mind.
Thank you for your poll results.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong based on your incessant railing in the chat, your repeated indictment of the staff and your constant suggestion that you have all the answers and know better than the people who actually play the game and get paid to coach it. And maybe you're not the same poster who already focused on Ollie's changes/no changes comment earlier today--one clearly made in the immediate aftermath of a dismal loss where he was searching for answers. Sorry if I am misreading, but you seem to take joy in potshots based on platitudes, and delivered the moment things begin to be anything less than rosy.

Then again, you're taking snippets of people's lives and comments and making broad-based, wholesale attacks on them, so maybe it doesn't matter.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Dham doesn't inbound

Reaction Score
These slow starts are causing too many issues. Early in the year it was OK, because it was still early, and the assumption was that we would figure it out, but if it continues....we won't !

I don't mind a down year. We just won it all. But it really doesn't look like we're that far from being a very good team if a couple things click into place. I hope KO pushes the right buttons.

I don't mind a down year either, especially coming off a championship season. But unfortunately, UConn's conference affiliation is such that we can hardly afford a down year. Cuse can do it and keep rolling because recruiting will always be solid. In the AAC, UConn has to string together really good seasons to stay fresh in mind for recruits who otherwise prefer to play in top conferences. I know a lot of you hate to hear this, but it's true. This conference is an anchor around UConn's ankle. Nobody wants to play in Tulsa at 930 on a Tuesday. (As evidenced by the team's no-show this week, actually.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom